Long casting Minnows...

Or if you have spikes put one on after the minnow or the gulp imitation spikes. The minnows will live for quite awhile despite being hooked through the eyes :)

Edited by Sk8man

Ill give it a try either this morning or tomorrow. I was using 3/4 oz or 1oz. Switched to a smaller sinker. Maybe the smaller sinker will make it so the sinker don't rip right threw them. Probably won't get much time this week with warm weather coming. Got keep a constant supply of firewood going.

Sent from my VS425PP using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Use a light action rod - longer the better. For crappies I use 11ft noodle and can cast 8ft bobber set ups very long distances with little difficulty. For drop shotting live bait I have been using microlites in 6, 7, & 8 ft - light line!

Some minnows cast better than others but a light rod allows you to have a better catapult action instead of a bull whip effect with heavier rods. Work on your technique - bass fishing lures gets you whipping more. Takes a little bit of effort at first but every fish season is a little different technique and I need a little adjustment period for each change. I have never used any stoppers but I think this possible if minnows are working their way off the hook but they won't help with a bull whip cast.