national lake trout derby

with deer season over my mind is thinking spring . i started making up my new seth green rod and was wondering how the new regime is coming along with the seneca lake derby . any news kicking around ?                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              post-145976-0-57917400-1482497151.jpg

Changes to the derby for 2017.

In addition to what was previously posted, these are the final changes.

We did not adopt the proposal to make lake trout only for grand prize. It will remain as it has been.

A new payment schedule has been approved as follows. ( im not going to go all the way through all categories. Just top prizes)

Grand prize: $7500

1st place lake trout:$3000
1st place brown, rainbow and llS: $1500
All other minor categories will remain, but there is additional money coming in to support changes to some of them. Those changes will be announced soon.

Additionally, we will raffle 2 charters to be on either Seneca or Lake Ontario. They have been provided by Reel Stories and ReelDilema charters (I hope I spelled them correctly) . They are redeemable at award ceremony.You must be present to win.

We did not receive the $10,000 grant we had anticipated, but we did manage to raise over 5,000 and possibly more from local business's. That money will soon be appropriated.

The boat raffle has been removed. We will be selling raffle tickets for $4000 in cash to the winner. We decided to drop the idea of a 50/50 at the moment. Too much banking and confusion at the present time.

We will be addressing other internal issues soon. Changes to real time reports, web issues, fish id and other issues are on the books for the coming months.

This will be the end of changes made for the payouts to the 2017 derby. We will continue to build on this and plans are well in the works for 2018 season. Some exciting ideas are being discussed and I hope you all approve of the changes so far.

Good luck to you all this coming season! We are excited to hear your opinions and concerns and look forward to providing an experience you all will approve of and have stories to last generations.

Please post and share this... We are dependent on your participation to help us grow. The more we can grow, the bigger the prizes we can offer.

Thank you!

Yeah Ed I used to design websites, built all my own dozens of computers from scratch and was on the Internet before the Web but I refuse to get into this social media crap and I even hate my so-called smart phone :lol: