UPDATE: Plastic molds 12/19

moonfish

So I decided plaster cast. I made 2 casts and have enough left to make 1 more. Works out to $2 per cast. I'm pretty happy with the results. They are close to perfect with a couple very minor blemishes, fish source won't notice. The originals are orange senkos and red rage craw. The new baits are an army green with with electric green & red glitter.

I guess the first couple of pours will have a dull finish, then the third pour will have a nice shine. Breaking in the cast is part of process. Gonna worm oil and garlic salt them. Its a long winter and I have fish on the brains... Lol.

post-161520-0-40672700-1482530585_thumb.jpg

post-161520-0-17553800-1482530610_thumb.jpg

post-161520-0-89650700-1482530642_thumb.jpg

That looks like a labor of love. It reminds me of tying my own flies and cursing every time I put the thread in the wrong place .

LOL. Yea its my first time trying. 1st pour didn't work to well. Had to open pour hole more and get plastic a little hotter. Nice thing is being able to reheat the same plastic. A little adjustment and get it to a science. When I get comfortable with it then I try swimbaits and creature baits.

Edited by moonfish