Honoeye

trout1

Slammin - My son and I fished today it from 12 -5 at the extreme south end 3-4 inches of decent ice but debris trapped in some of it, and most spots of good ice from east to west but the area just past were you were last time  there is some open water and nobody fished anywhere near that area today, and there are some large open water spots in the lake from there north. We caught quite a few real nice perch., large gills and a bass about 16 inches jigging with waxies and  nothing on the tip-ups with shiners.

Edited by Sk8man

Thanks Mike. I recorded 39 mph on my new weather station on the 26th. Sure wouldn't have wanted to be out there then :lol:

Edited by Sk8man

Hard to say but over the years  at least the past 15 or so I haven't done well on them whether shiners, fatheads or emeralds on Honeoye. Used to get the eyes and the bigger perch  as well as some bass in the old days but now most of my luck is jigging. My son still puts them out I now stick to jigging :lol:

Edited by Sk8man

Well they are a lot of fun when the fishing is hot...kinda like pulling the lever on the slot machines...never know what you're going to get :lol: You're right about the adjustments and depth changes etc. can make all the difference. mark had a couple missing shiners yesterday and I think they may have been pulled off by perch....they are pretty good bait stealers :) I do run the tip ups on other lakes and they do catch fish.

Edited by Sk8man

I always catch fish on them. I adjust depth, change bait if needed, and have them out regardless if we move 10 times. My friends are too lazy. Lol. Oh well, it was just one time. Maybe next time I won't be able to keep the fish off them.

With the abundance of very small perch down there, I would expect slower tip up fishing. 

Couldn't tell too much from the webcam...but windy as h so that isn't real great....it seemed to be out of the southwest/west so the hills should block some of it....I just wonder about all that rain we had....

That's a heck of a haul to be greeted by unsafe ice...not that I know, but I suspect given the downpour and wind that there's not much left. Maybe I'm wrong. Good luck!