Traxstech Riggers

FishnChef

for those of you that may have them, are they worth the money? Upgrading my manual to Electric. I could buy to scotty's or cannons for the price of 1 traxstechk but I like the features

I have the magnum metals which I bought 2 for the price of one traxtech. I pull a 20lb shark with my probe and a 17lb shark on the other and they do it effortlessly. They are same basic design as the traxtech but without the program able pad. There is a reason the charter guys sell off there cannons every year and it's not because they are the best riggers on the market.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Lake Ontario United mobile app

All electric riggers are better then manual . With that said I have to give a plug for my Scotties . I love the fact that you use the clutch to drop the ball as fast as you like . You can pretty much let the ball free fall when setting up and want to get your tackle back down to your depth in a hurry . You only use the motor to retrieve the ball. 5 years and 0 problems .

Good Luck !

If that is what you like then buy them. You only go around once so why have 2nd thoughts on buying a rigger that's not number one on your list ? They have a lifetime warranty, great features, extremely well built and thought out. Top of the line Cannon with swivel bases and ratcheting rod holders are pretty close to there price. Not sure if they are lifetime warranty either. Next set I buy will be the Traxstech. New boat to me and tons of money put into the electronic and setting up end has me scheduled to replace the current riggers the following season. My version of pay to play !

I went through the same decision last winter, upgraded from big jon protournaments, and splurged on the traxstech riggers.....simply amazing riggers......Scotty hard stops are what scared me away and hated the manual down on the electric scotties.....soft stop feature with the digital key pad is where it is at....rigger fires from 120 down and auto up and reset and auto down back to 120 without watching the counter......jig feature also put a lot of fish in the boat....you won't be disappointed 

I got a chance to see one in person, just last Tuesday. Wow are they built like a D8 CaterpillarLOL no joke there built to last that's for sure. I went to look at a boat that a guy wants the motor rebuilt, and these riggers are in a large milk crate with the booms sticking out. I asked if I could see them, and.said yea go a head. I've never seen one before, I asked if he thought about selling them. He has to talk to his grandson first and if he says we're not going use them, then I'll sell them to ya!!

I bought 2 last spring....hands down the riggers are easy to use and the jigging feature will turn a slow day into a ok day....Super fast and there is no flex   on the gunnels with the soft stop feature...Traxstech should be at lotsa show...ordered a custom made board...2 riggers...and 6 rod holders at the show last year and he brought them to the hamburg show for me....cash and carry and gave me a good discount ...oh yeah ..no tax..live in Newfane so if anyone is interested in checking them out ...pm me...they are pricey but you'll be glad you spent the money on these riggers