Planer board set up

If you decide to part out? How do the reels fasten to the pole, and is the break mechanism within the reels themselves? Would be interested in reels if all pans out. Thanks PAP.

The reels were never mounted on the mast itself. I had them setup off the bimini top of my boat. The reels lock by twisting the brake on the reels

Sent from my VS985 4G using Lake Ontario United mobile app

How does it mount, like a bolt through the middle, or a clamp you tighten up? You mounted it to a Bimini top? How hard do your boards pull? I know I mount them to my Bimini top way to weak for that, my pipes are to flimsy for that, I have mine mounted to the original pipe and for the other I duplicated the original and put a Cannon pulley on the other, my problem is there designed to work with them being on the pipe so the rotation putting them on opposite sides of the boat to keep them comfortable, or the same side of the one has to work counterclockwise, it's uncomfortable to crank in on port side as there's nothing to hold on to. Sounds petty but when it's game on and you need to retrieve your releases its a pain in the arsh. LOL

http://www.lakeontariounited.com/fishing-hunting/topic/55966-planner-mast-mounting/

Take a look at the mast mounting ideas in the LOU post above.

I used the one posted by Egoody and love it. It's a bit more involved than most and requires 

a little attention to detail but works great.  I used it all season last year(2016).