Trap line 2016

stoneam2006

Well with the line going so dang slow figured I'd make a beaver board to try and put the 1 I caught up when it thaws and get my beam set uphttp://cloud.tapatalk.com/s/58697e011da1c/20170101_170119.jpg?

http://cloud.tapatalk.com/s/58697e10c0392/20170101_170111.jpg?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Edited by stoneam2006

What's your biggest this year? How big do they get? Saw one swimming across Sandy this year and I'd swear it weighed over 50. It was a tank.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

I've only got 1 so far probably 25 lbs roughly pretty small in beaver world. I've caught them 50 plus. Seen pics of guys with 60lbrs often those are biggins. post-161790-14833165507093_thumb.jpgpost-161790-14833165563651_thumb.jpg

SA2006.  Hope you staked that beaver meat down solid so they can't get a free lunch.  Make them take a few extra step tugging and pulling on the meat so they have more of a chance to get caught.   Two traps at each set, one close as normal and a second back some.    And save the hind quarters and back straps for your self, excellent meat, very much like beef......jk

SA2006.  Hope you staked that beaver meat down solid so they can't get a free lunch.  Make them take a few extra step tugging and pulling on the meat so they have more of a chance to get caught.   Two traps at each set, one close as normal and a second back some.    And save the hind quarters and back straps for your self, excellent meat, very much like beef......jk

Lol let's just say lesson learned today. I had carcass tucked way up under bush with trap out front with scent post. Today beaver was drug off entrails on path they went in and out on pulled 1 of my lines today so I have more traps now will be doubling up on them tomorrow these damn yotes are gonna drive me to drink

Trappi9ng is constantly learning, and don't forget the more you trap one spot, they are learning you.  Your beaver put up will speed up and the quality will improve too.  Keep at it and do coon too they will help you learn.  If you stop learning you loose in this game.....jk

YEEOWW, that don't look good!! Congrats on the coon!! Where did all the water come from?? We had rain but not enough to cloud up the streams[emoji38]

We'll had 8 to 10 inch of snow 2 days ago. Then it rained for almost 2 days straight and in the 50s. Rivers were all frozen now they are Rapids roads closed everywhere. Not good hope it drops tonight