Trap line 2016

stoneam2006

I would have had a bit of backing and very small guide items.  Like bunched up weeds, slight, a piece of broken golden rod stuck in the ground.  And one trap at the hole and a second where that little stone is, no looking again I would put the second one centered on the bottom edge of the photo with heavy pan tension on this one.....jk

The pic is hard to tell but their is some golden rod behind trap and dirt hole is about 2 or 3 inches higher than the trap is Lil change in elevation going from path to field. I will try some guiding. But now it's going to be covered in snow again lol. Gotta love late season trapping

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Well season is over in NY was a tough one weather wise. Went from 2 feet of snow to nothing overnight 3 or 4 times and flooding and freezing fought me the entire way. I ran the longest line of my life about 30 miles a day as I was on layoff the entire month of january. Great season with the little bit if success I had. 2 yotes 1 red fox 1 Gray fox 3 coon 2 beaver a muskrat and fisher. Was a busy 6 weeks. Learned alot and can't wait for next season already. Depending on what buyer tells me this weekend will make my decision about continuing to beaver trap for the next month (all that's open here). Was a miserable day pulling traps but wouldn't change it for the world.89b279cbe3ef778b5008e5ed6d20c4ff.jpg

Enjoyed your posts this season, very cool. Hope the buyer has good news for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Thanks been fun for sure. Hope beaver are worth going after. If they are I'll secure a few more areas and hit them for a month for something to do. Working 2nd shift gives me alot of free time while wife and kids are at school

I don't care to much about the price of beaver, I just like trapping them.  big bulky awkward to carry and heavy,  just a neat critter, he does his share of damage but all  in all a neat critter......jk

Yes sir. I caught a few at my Buddy's camp as he asked me to and haven't seen any active slides or anything in a few weeks so if I do I'll have to secure more land which I don't think will be a problem. Just would like them to be worth something. Last I heard it was real bad

They are real good eating.  take the backstraps and hams cook until the meat falls off the bones.  Will taste like beefnot chicken---ha ha).  We have even taken the whole critter and cooked the whole thing-good eats.....jk  Ps were are you in NY?

They are real good eating.  take the backstraps and hams cook until the meat falls off the bones.  Will taste like beefnot chicken---ha ha).  We have even taken the whole critter and cooked the whole thing-good eats.....jk  Ps were are you in NY?

Lmao I heard that before.....not for me I don't even eat plain venision. Gotta be jerky or smoked costs me a fortune to process a deer.

I'm in olean ny