Sheds already

Hookedup

Last year I saw a buck in March that still had both antlers. Ironically it was the same buck I shot with the rifle this fall. It was obviously a mild winter last year. Maybe it has something to do with the how harsh the winter will be? It hasn't been harsh yet but we have had plenty of snow so far.

It would be interesting to see if there is a pattern that coincides with the weather.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Last year I saw a buck in March that still had both antlers. Ironically it was the same buck I shot with the rifle this fall. It was obviously a mild winter last year. Maybe it has something to do with the how harsh the winter will be? It hasn't been harsh yet but we have had plenty of snow so far.

It would be interesting to see if there is a pattern that coincides with the weather.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Its probably more to do with pressure than the weather...I saw couple bucks in March last year as well with antlers

Sent from my LGL44VL using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Buck doe ratio is more balanced or skewed towards the buck side. Hormones decide when they drop. This is determined by does not in estrus.

Just one opinion. Nutrition is also important. My Dad use to think it was caused by very frigid temps but this doesn't explain southern climates.

The antlers drop due to the decreased amount of testosterone in the buck, usually determined by photoperiodism, a wound or stress.

&

Mama says alligators are ornery cause the got all those teeth n no toothbrush!!

Edited by Nautitroller