I troll cayuga every weekend.... I guess its a comfort thing.. but yesterday i decided to make the trip up and put in this morning outta mexico....Well it didnt exactly start off fast and furious... in fact it was down right piss poor, for us anyways,... I trolled every color, shape and size spoon i had... and got NADA!!!! my budy that came along, who doesnt do much trolling asked if i wanted to use anything he brought... and he pulls out a one ounce white rattle trap.....i'm like dude that aint gonna work... but he wanted to try it... so we put it down 80ft... and within 5 minutes, got a small king bout 10 pounds.... well to make a long story short we caught 5 more on it over the next to hours,nothing big 14 pounds or so being the biggest....everything on a lure i would never have put on...

i'm sure it had to do with the noise. before you used it, were you running e-chip flashers? i'm not really sure what the e-chip does, but i think it has something to do with noise. i'm new to ontario but a lot of people swear by them.