Launched at Genny early, headed towards Russell. Thick clouds, hazy, muggy, trying to rain. Very slight SSW wind. Actually should have been perfect for fishing. Only a couple other boats out there.

Only managed "one half" of a king shaker at 52 over 100 FOW. i.e. if he was twice that size, he'd have been a real shaker. (Grn Thunder) Very thin thermocline, I’d guess maybe 3 ft thick. At 2 ¼ mph w/ 75 ft of cable out, temp was mid 40’s. Same at 2 ½ mph was high 50’s & occasional 60 F. 74F on surface. Ankle biters came out around 10:00AM. Lot of fleas, but manageable.

Lots of bait:

7-19-081.jpg7-19-082.jpg

Although no marks around the bait. Quite a few swirls on the surface.

Worked out to 200 FOW, saw nothing but fleas, so came back in. Off around noon.

Hey Reeljerks – This you?

7-19-084.jpg

Luck to all,

Tom B.

(LongLine)

Joe, This is my 3rd yr with it. I had to replace a CRT & had doubts at first. No doubt now, I like it. I just wish it would call the bigger fish in closer. :roll: :lol::lol:

Tom B.

(LongLine)

Hey Tom - doesn't look like you're under-charging anymore?

We ran west to Braddocks Point and set up inside to try to pick a few browns. Could only manage 1, so moved out for kings. We did manage 6 kings, sounds like they were about the same size as yours. Found the thermocline got skinnier as we moved back east. Called it a morning at about 11.

Jim - I'm thinking the charging problem is mostly in the battery technology now days. (It's reading high again at high speed) For years I ran a car battery. I started this year with a deep cycle, then went to a starting/deep cycle. Fried the second one. I just went to a straight marine starting battery. Maybe older engines don't like the new batteries. I may endup back at the auto store. (of course new stator, diode, cables probably helped)

Interesting about the thermocline. Maybe the lake is moving towards an upwelling?

Tom B.

(LongLine)