Removing factory decals

kman05446

Remove to save or remove and toss. I've used a heat gun to help peal of decals on bikes and stuff and worked great then just a acetone scrub to remove the residue before paint. But they are not save able in that fasion.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Peel and toss. Thanks

Sent from my ALCATEL A564C using Lake Ontario United mobile app

They make an eraser wheel you can use in a drill that removes them very cleanly, When I camo painted my old mirrocraft the heat gun didnt work worth a crap but the eraser wheel took them right off. I got mine at the auto finish store just off ridge road over by the gorge (cant remember the name of it)

They make an eraser wheel you can use in a drill that removes them very cleanly, When I camo painted my old mirrocraft the heat gun didnt work worth a crap but the eraser wheel took them right off. I got mine at the auto finish store just off ridge road over by the gorge (cant remember the name of it)

That is interesting I will have to check that out. Does it take of a layer of paint too or clear coat or just the sticker. Say if you didn't want to paint but wanted the stickers gone

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

I have a 91 sea nymph gls too,and just peeled and painted my boat ...window scraper and lots of blades,then acetone to remove whats left.took a few days to peel but wasnt to hard to do.some stickers are overlaped and thick.

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎1‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 0:35 PM, lost a lure said:

3m eraser wheel from the auto paint supply store. It won't damage the gelcoat.

Yup, I've seen this in action. Actually they used it to take off gummy residue from my car logo on the back hood of my sports car.  It didn't damage the paint.

Use heat and peal off what you can, then the eraser wheel to take off the gunk.  Polish with a polishing machine and it will be like new.