Seneca Perch Fishing

You might want to indicate when you are interested in going as a start because right now most folks have put their boats away for a bit. Many of the old timers who specialized in perch are deceased or retired now at the north end and central portions of the lake and some of the best perch fishermen weren't (or aren't) necessarily guides either:lol:. lakebound88 (Nick Overacker) here on LOU may be someone to contact.

7 minutes ago, Sk8man said:

You might want to indicate when you are interested in going as a start because right now most folks have put their boats away for a bit. Many of the old timers who specialized in perch are deceased or retired now at the north end and central portions of the lake and some of the best perch fishermen weren't (or aren't) necessarily guides either:lol:. lakebound88 (Nick Overacker) here on LOU may be someone to contact.

Thanks Sk8man .... your right. I'm looking to set up a trip for an older neighbor in late winter early spring who has expressed interest. Had a guy I used several times yrs. ago but can't reach him so I'm looking to see whats/who is out there now..

All the old timers that gave me tips say "it's to early yet". As for setups, every day its different. I haven't had the time in 2016 to do a lot of perch fishing on seneca due to boat issues, but spend enough time on shore wit the right guys, you'll get a few good tips.

Best tip someone posted " keep your bait moving".

Sometimes they only bite for 10 mins after fishing 6 hours. I second Lakebound. Nick seems to always have fish on the deck, but usually trout from what I've seen

Sent from my VS425PP using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Yeah, just trout... [emoji12] it's a little early for go to setups for sure.. I've been out, it's been slow.. couple more weeks it will get better. I imagine if you find a school, don't leave it.. they will turn on.. maybe?

Nick

Making your storeies, Reel Stories, since 2011!!