MI calendar fundraiser

I must have missed something. In previous years I would have received a MI calendar by now. Today I received a letter from MI asking for a donation for which I would receive a calendar. Don't get me wrong,I don't care if I get a calendar or not. And I made a decent donation when I last renewed. But I have to question the marketing. Asking your membership for a donation the week after Christmas is poor timing at it's best. And who wants a calendar in this day and age anyway? I would buy an MI hoodie or collectable bait in a minute. Calendar,not so much. "26 shirts" out of Buffalo does it right. They put out a design and take orders by a certain date then place the order. No leftover inventory or waste that way. Just sayin.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

I've been a member of MI for 19 years now, and I didn't get a calendar for the first time that I can remember. Haven't noticed any letter yet either. I was disappointed to not receive one for 2017. I still stick mine on the side of the refrigerator. Last year my daughter's photo was in the calendar for one of the summer months. I usually make an additional donation when I renew also.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

The other day, Jim told me he received a package with about 12 calendars in the mail. There was also a letter explaining that since they only received donations from about 10% when they sent calendars to all members they decided to only send them to members who previously sent a donation for the calendar. The letter also said they were sending them to new members. I guess if the new member doesn't give a donation, they will not get one the following year. In addition, they sent a package to each chapter with calendars in a number equal to 20% of the chapter membership. They want us to ask members who would like a calendar to give a donation for it. They did not suggest any number but said for us to keep half the donations and send half to MI Corporate. I don't know if they expect us to put a number (or minimum) on it or leave it open to the individual (I guess donations of $50 or higher gets you a Gander gift card). Or what to do with any calendars that are left. I would support giving them to TIBS, Dr Farrell, DEC offices, Thousand Island Museum or local tackle shops where they can be displayed for the public to see. They present a good overview of what the chapters in other states are doing.

I have heard that they were disappointed in the number of donations they were getting for the calendars yearly, but I do not remember any notice that they were going to do this. Old Man, I guess other donations weren't considered.

Thx for the info tiger hunter.... I'll be sure to list those dates again in the Muskie magazine prior to the season open for those who have not received a calender( me included).My objective was to get those dates in the calender so all chapters and members would see them hopefully boosting participation outcome.Atleast I know everyone will get that mag... I hope!

sol