Back up lights

Ordered and received clear submersible lights for my trailer, now I need a little help.... I have a reverse solenoid on my serge brakes and would like my lights to come on when the solenoid is activated. Should I splice into the wiring on the plug or to power side of the solenoid ? Separate ground wire or ground to trailer frame . Thoughts or ideas will be appreciated !!! Thanks Rollie......

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Why would you not want them activated when you hit the brake pedal and just hook them up they way there supposed to be. Your doing a lot of splicing/cutting on wires that don't need to be cut up, which just cause problems down the road. I would just splice the new lights into the original wiring going to the old lights.

Could you splice into the 12v backup light in the tail light assembly? you would have to run a totally separate wire to the 5K lumen lights though.  Question to this answer is,  is 12v coming off of the brake solenoid wire? if so splice away. May be easier to clamp a light to the boat and turn it on while launching...