Calling all dogs

bondouley

Way to go Dave!! How do you like your caller? I have the Fox Pro Version caller for a compact unit it's plenty loud for predator calling and the handheld controller is really convenient. Used a Johnny Stewart 45 record player, there were companies that sold their sounds onto a 45 record and I have loads of records!! For predator calling & crow calling. The caller was in a camo case and heavy. It held 8 D size batteries, that didn't last that long especially if you used a lot of volume. As a kid it took all my choir money to buy batteries:@ then I bought a Johnny Stewart caller which had a rechargeable battery, yes no more having to buy batteries!!! and they lasted a long time, even calling crows which takes a lot of volume at first to get them to come, then you lower the sound. I used this caller hard and have bags of cassettes. Now I have a fox pro FOX FIRE caller which works great for predators, but not so good on enough volume for crows, so I sill use my old Johnny Stewart cassette caller. I've heard the newer ones have a lot more volume, But for the cost I'll use what I have till my cassettes take a dumpLOL. There seems to be a few more options out there from when I got my first Fox Pro unit. Good luck with your caller and your hunts. :yes:. PAP.

%2Fmonthly_2017_01%2F1483804802692.thumb.jpg.6080da8ba8f7138883a7a3e9c46aa610.jpg

these long beards are feeling alot safer now that I took a nice female out of there roosting erea altho I saw a few fresh yote fox tracks so gonna have to set up there againe

There will.be a few more in the spring cause she's gone

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Way to go Dave!! How do you like your caller? I have the Fox Pro Version caller for a compact unit it's plenty loud for predator calling and the handheld controller is really convenient. Used a Johnny Stewart 45 record player, there were companies that sold their sounds onto a 45 record and I have loads of records!! For predator calling & crow calling. The caller was in a camo case and heavy. It held 8 D size batteries, that didn't last that long especially if you used a lot of volume. As a kid it took all my choir money to buy batteries:@ then I bought a Johnny Stewart caller which had a rechargeable battery, yes no more having to buy batteries!!! and they lasted a long time, even calling crows which takes a lot of volume at first to get them to come, then you lower the sound. I used this caller hard and have bags of cassettes. Now I have a fox pro FOX FIRE caller which works great for predators, but not so good on enough volume for crows, so I sill use my old Johnny Stewart cassette caller. I've heard the newer ones have a lot more volume, But for the cost I'll use what I have till my cassettes take a dumpLOL. There seems to be a few more options out there from when I got my first Fox Pro unit. Good luck with your caller and your hunts. :yes:. PAP.

Pap. I love my alpha dog it's probably my best purchase for chasing dogs with
It also works great for crows extremely loud! I started off like you using the cassette tapes except we use to carry a big boom box to use for crow Hunting. We use to get as close to the crows as we dared without spooking them and old shoot 2 or 3 and move to another bunch of crows and shoot 2 or 3 out of them. We called it running and gunning for crows.

Oh yea, the OL' run & gun that was our favorite way to hunt crows!! I almost bought alpha dog but I talked to other that said the remote didn't work out to 100 yards, this and that, now I wish I would have bought one of those instead of the Fox Pro. That's made by Western Rivers right? Plus Fox Pro was supposed to have the best sounds, this one I have  has more useless sounds it's pitiful!!  Only 3 crow sounds. Fighting crows, crow & owl fight, single excited crow. Were I have Denis Kirk and Johnny Stewart sounds which are very different from each other. Not happy with the fox pro, yes I could download my own sounds at $5.00 a sound. At that rate I might as well buy a western rivers unit, and be way ahead of the game.  Nice talking to a predator caller!!  PAP

I have to be honest I don't know if the remote works out to 100 yrds I rarely put it out more than 65 yrds cause that seems the be the buffer that the predators use to get downwind of the caller. It puts the dogs right in my lap! Yes I believe it's made by Western rivers. This one has a bunch of useless sounds but has all the calls I want. I did find some free ones to download also. It does have 6 crow sounds though so more than enough to kill some birds. Agreed it's good to talk to someone who knows the struggles. Lol

Left the shot gun at home today and coulda used it missed a nice red at 40 yards with 223 came flying in on a string whistled barked even moved n couldn't get him to stop he was locked in on decoy n call had barn n shed in background so was tuff timing everything out n he got away don't think there's a predator I've called in in the past 5 years that I couldn't have used shot gun on usually carry both but was lazy felt that slap in the face lol

Sent from my SM-G930V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Awesome job Richie, that's a big dog!! Came home from cabelas last Wednesday, when I had to go on the breaks pretty damn hard, for what looked like a someone's shepherd dog crossing the street into a driveway when the dog picked up a dead squirrel or something then it turned and up goes a bushy tail and blasts across the road and gone into a grown up field I was like did you guys see that both my buddy's saw it!! We were like wtf!!!

• 2 weeks later...
All seven were shot in Lyndonville yesterday. Five in one block.

IMG_1490050920.661701.thumb.jpg.0a9b3884b35fb7b68f5c644feef0d3bf.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Good shooting guys! Glad you found them, I been hearing them for a while over here on Swett Road. Saw some of you around the Townline/Swett block. That's where they been yakking alot!

cent frum my notso smartphone