If you are into crowds Honeoye may be for you

Sk8man

If you are into crowds Honeoye may be for you

:lol:   The bite was slow today  with a lot of "lookers" but we scored about 20 huge gills (given to some inner city Rochester dudes that really appreciated them) but unfortunately the weekend brought with it the motorcycles and ATV's racing right next to where we were fishing and they spooked the heck out of the fish. Good luck with that if you are thinking about going tomorrow. Hopefully you are into "crowds" as well :lol:  Luckily I was in my "own world" . 

Four to five inches of good ice today at south end. Some fool was out north where it was open water a couple days ago.

today.jpg

ownworld.jpg

It wasn't you Bob....:lol: the guy was south of Trident marine and way out and he was by himself too.

Edited by Sk8man

am actually in that picture. Should have called. I did  see those guys just south of Trident along with a nice crack the north of them and open water just to the south of them. ?????

The weather looks horrible for the next two weeks of the forecast, so Honeoye might be the only place around close to Roch. to fish.

That will only make the crowds worse.

It is a good place but it is dangerous too as that bubbler that the marina uses generates a lot of undermining current that reaches out quite a ways under the ice into the lake and is largely unseen. A few years ago my son and I fell victim to it on the way in near shore in 3-4 ft of water.. There are also substantial gas pockets north and west of there that when covered with snow can be a problem as well.