Henderson fishing

Henderson fishing

Every spring I head to Pulaski. Last year I kept my boat in Sandy Pond for the week and it was a mightmare getting in and out with the sand bar and in the fall the salmon river launch was just as bad. Is there better launchs and lodgeing in Henderson which is just up the road ? Thanks

I can tell you there's lots better launching! Henderson has a very good launch and it's a public launch also. Then right up the road is Sackets harbor with a excellent launch also, which is a free launch. I'm sure between those two points are going to be lodging. In Henderson, Henchens Marinia has cottages I rented before nice serves the purpose, across the street is Bill Saiff's restaurant and hotel for fisherman. I don't know about Sackets harbor area for lodging. Hope this helps. Pap

Marina Inn ( www.marinainnny.com ) at Madison Barracks in Sackets has decent lodging.  About a mile from the town launch and has its own marina (doesn't open until mid may, but they have week/weekend transient slips).  This is where I dock and fish out of most of the year.  Sackets town launch isnt bad, not a ton of parking though.  Henderson launch is great, as mentioned above.

As pap said above Bill Saiff's Westview lodge rooms Restaurant and Tavern Along with free dockage during your stay
I have left trailer at Henderson Launch while staying there Henchens for gas and bait 100 yds down rd.Not sure of current rates but was 65/ night double additional 30 for 3rd.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Some of the best trout fishing I've ever experienced was the shores of the bay to your left as your headed towards the main lake, you have lots of shoreline to fish as there's the islands of Stoney & Galloo, keep headed south towards Stoney lighthouse, you will see the charters going for sure. It's to early for the eyes, but I've fought my personal best in these waters, took a pic. and sent her home.

• 5 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Zinger11 said:

Is the Westview Lodge still in business ?

Ive left 3 messages and nobody returned my calls

Yea it's in business but most close up for the season, like stated above some don't open till May, Henchens is open as soon as the ice is off because many charters run out of there, they have a good selection of baits as the charters eat them up like candy. If there's an empty slot bet your bottom dollar that's a good lure, 

1 hour ago, Zinger11 said:

The reason I asked was my buddy wanted book a duck hunting trip and called several times and sent several emails and never heard anything in response and I'm pretty sure they were open for duck season

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I doubt they closed, probably went on vacation or something. That would be my guess. Who really knows in this world anymore. I know when we come up for the early browns it's not very active yet. 

Henderson fishing Every spring I head to Pulaski. Last year I kept my boat in Sandy Pond for the week and it was a mightmare getting in and out with the sand bar and in the fall the salmon river launch was just as bad. Is there better launchs and lodgeing in Henderson which is just up the road ? Thanks

Sent you a PM.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Sackets has a hotel called Ontario Place and 2 nice ramps. I stayed at that hotel once when I came up to look at the camp I bought. It's a little farther run than leaving from Henderson. You could also launch at Stoney Pt to save some time. My place is up the bay from Sackets and we love it, very nice area. Decent bars to eat and drink at. The Barracks has a good place to eat also. There's a lot of cottages around that get rented out weekly as well. I know that "greenboatluke" on here is thinking about renting his cottage out this season.Navy Point Marina in sackets has weekly slips for rent I think as well, so does the "Barracks". You could probably just tie up to the wall at the launch for free as well without any problem but I don't know for sure. It doesn't get too busy. I'd try to avoid Henchen's Marina. They're not helpful unless you're a charter. They pretty much don't help you at all with information or even bait/tackle. Be better to stop at Woody's or All seasons on your way up to get what you need. The only way I'd go back to Henchens is in a pinch if I need gas for some reason.