New Braddock's Bay Marina

Gator

New Braddock's Bay Marina

Anybody moving there? I see that they have a  website now with pictures and plans...and prices. It looks like most of us could expect to pay ~$2000 for a season slip.

I think we'll wait for the reviews. It should be interesting to see what it does for the boat traffic on the West side though.

5 minutes ago, Silver Fox said:

Wow, that's a big price to pay to sit and have dock parties.....Lol.

Lake Ontario salmon fishing charters

Why are you ALWAYS so negative? If the wife isn't giving it to you go pay for sum.

13 minutes ago, whaler1 said:

makes no sense, the improvements have nothing to due with the channel, by July the water is knee deep.

I'm no engineer, and you guys may be right. I guess we'll wait and see. If the engineers are right, however, it will be a nice option.

I've said the same thing, but I'm hearing they could be a "bit" worried. Cant remember where I heard it. Even if they dredge every month, one storm will fill it in unless there is a break wall and I see no breakwall in the plans

Lake Ontario salmon fishing charters

After speaking to some folks over there they are working towards a deep water channel year around. never less then 5 feet for large boats. That is why they went with a groin jetty for this location. Something like that. Full dredging from the channel to all the docks and setting up for very large boats. Their goal is the best deep water basin on the south shore. I worked at that marina for 3 years back in the 80's when it was run by Red Gray. What a blast it was working there. I hope they do very well.

Let's see, there is a well developed jetty system at the mouth of Irondequoit Bay that was supposed to never need dredging, how's that working?  Every channel along the lake fills in somewhat depending on wind and currents.

Young Anthony  D. is the majority leader of the County Legislature, and Mr Reilick, Town Supervisor in Greece, is the Chair of the local Republican Party.  I don't think they'll have many problems with permits to dredge, but finding the money for the structural improvements could be somewhat of a challenge, but if anyone can do it , those two, and Chuckie Schumer, can! 

The design for the Headlands Breakwater to be finished in the spring was based on reduction of erosion to the marshes, and consideration for boating was only that it not get worse as a result of the project.  The sand that is slated to be used for building up the headlands, and supporting the vegetation is coming from the area to the northwest of the breakwater, and for a time this should improve navigation.  The separation between the breakwater and the existing jetty could be deepened if the Buttonwood end of the bay starts to get more eutrophic (stagnant), and I hypothesized that this could end up the eventual navigation channel, but that was not the intent here.  All this detail is on the Buffalo District US Army Corps of Engineers website, but you'll have to spend a little time reading.

Gee, Jerry, Landlocked Salmon in Braddock's Bay would be a wonderful thing, I have to travel to the Fulton Chain to fish for them now since they stopped putting any in Hemlock Lake!!:)

Is the breakwall done ? If they can somehow funnel all the runofff/current through a small area it may clean itself out. Johnsons & Sandy creek do this. Otherwise it will be like Bald eagle & Blind sodus that need periodic dredging. Should be some good Bass/Pike fishing around the new rocks .

And yes, They have to dredge the Oak and Genny every few years also. 

small boat harbor on Erie (Buffalo) is now owned by NYS and they sold the lease, the new lease allows for a 7% increase the next 3 years, so the rates will be 7% on top of the 7% from the year before, I guess it called inflation?

Even if they keep the channel open, the area around the docks and ramp are very shallow. I struggle getting my 17ft. tin boat on and off the trailer by mid October. Bigger boats will be sitting in the mud by early  fall.

Remember fall 2012 ??  here's the ramp at low water

Low Water Braddocks Thanksgiving 2012 009.JPG

My wife and I walked across the bay out to the channel markers.

Low Water Braddocks Thanksgiving 2012 028.JPG

Lake O on the left, B'Bay on the right. This is the sand bar that now has the break wall on top of it. Everything in the picture was under water earlier in the year.

Low Water Braddocks Thanksgiving 2012 029.JPG

Edited by J.D.