Cradle style rod holders

Cradle style rod holders

Has anyone used these for dippsys?  I have trax tech on my boat and I cant get the dippsy rods down to the right angle close to the water, also they are hard to get out when a fish is on...

I see cisco has some and they look to be just about right...

any one have thoughts...

Thanks Rick

I bought 2 TraxTech ratcheting style last spring to replace 2 non-ratchet and couldn't be happier. You can run the rod tip in the water if you want. Helpful when doubling up on one side

The Cisco cradles are well built and solid while still being able to adjust the rod angle

Only thing I didn't like was the rod butt sticking into the boat but that might not be a problem on your boat depending on your setup

I prefer the Cisco tube holders, you can adjust them to any angle and still pull them straight up to remove the rod if needed plus there are no springs or other parts to wear out. 

IMG_0101.JPGI do run two on one side, Riggers in the corner,  If I move the trax tech down to straight out the rod is too low, If I move it up one click, Its too high.. Just looking for something and found the cisco...

I do really like my trax-tech, solid built, full length track (5') along entire side of boat..and rigger swivel mount too..

Thanks for reply so far, keep them coming, just thought Id show my set-up

Rick

Set my boat up with all Cisco rod holders last year. very well built product. I  have 12 tube rod holders and 2 of the short cradle holders for dypsies. everything is on cisco tracks as well. I run my dypsies behind the rigger at the very back of the boat so the rod handle does not stick into the boat but, along the stern and is not it the way. They work great and it is very easy to get out when a fish is on. The ONLY problem i have with them is I run roller rods and the reel would sometimes rotate in the holder so the wire would be not be running true on all rollers...if you run twilly tips or a roller rod with a swivel tip this would not be a issue. It only happened a cpl times when I was running Tekota 600s but when switched to 700s it happens all day because of the heavier reel. When running two on each side my others are the tube style which you can leave unlocked and pull up very easy just like ratcheting holder. IMO the cradles are a little easier with a big king pounding on it but both work fine. good luck.

20160528_101750.jpg