It's Over !!!

HB2

From the 2010 census data to July 2016, 846,669 persons have left New York State and only 367,719 persons were born or migrated here. By returning industrial jobs, not taxpayer funded jobs or commercial jobs supported by tax eating employees and retirees will we maintain at least the status quo. All the new President says is he recognizes our  future failure but what happens is if he ls a lot of hot air.

On 1/21/2017 at 8:53 AM, chinook35 said:

That's right , It's only just begun . Take the big step backward ,downsize our out of control governments ,build the wall , deport all the illegals , and tear down the welfare state . People are making careers on welfare and passing it on to their children . Go president Trump ! Make America the great country it was .

You forgot to mention we are a nation of deploreables. What really kills me is my little 12 yr Little brother comes home and says Trump is a bad man. Teachers need to stay on curriculum and stop teaching children their own political viewpoints & opinions.

On 1/21/2017 at 8:53 AM, chinook35 said:

21 hours ago, Bozeman Bob said:

You must mean the illustrious/racist "Rev" Al Sharpton ,Jesse Jackson ,BLM,,,,Rod Watson  ,Elliah Pitts [from the Buffalo News ] and the likes are  crawling out ? Oh that's right those racist have already shown there true colors. Obama showed his anti semitic  love with Jerusalem already. I would be more worried about all the criminals he pardoned than a few white supremacist that will always be around, just like the black panthers. Maybe reducing the national debt that Obama rang up, more than all the previous Presidents combined ,or putting some of the 90 million people out of work back in the job force or getting the 6 million or so people that were added to the welfare system in the last 8 years off our back gives me  something to think about instead of being a snowflake. "Change any time soon" You mean the stock market going up ? Ford/Carrier not moving to Mexico, the Japanese dude that met with Trump awhile ago and said he was investing 50-100 million or so in some plants here and peoples general upbeat mood about putting us back into 'US'A  . etc. etc. Time has already told me what I hoped for!  My next boat is going to be named The Trump Train, YES

Oh yeah, GM is investing 3 billion nationwide into plants in america. The playing field is going to change, swinging our country into high gear again. A nation of blue collar deploreables have spoken ! 

19 hours ago, Charlie P said:

"What gosh darn constitutional right does anyone have to riot and loot???" Never said that.It's against the constitution to use our armed forces with in our borders. "The Posse Comitatus Act is a United States federal law (18 U.S.C. § 1385, original at 20 Stat. 152) signed on June 18, 1878 by President Rutherford B. Hayes. The purpose of the act – in concert with the Insurrection Act of 1807 – is to limit the powers of the federal government in using its military personnel to act as domestic law enforcement personnel.

Well I believe Marshall law has been invoked before. Example: 60's race riots in the south, and Katrina. Let's face it, sometimes things get so out of control or disastrous, that local/state authorities can't respond adequately on their own. And yes feds were sent in both cases I mentioned. There were 20,000 security personnel at inauguration and they did a great job too !

2 hours ago, jimski2 said:

From the 2010 census data to July 2016, 846,669 persons have left New York State and only 367,719 persons were born or migrated here. By returning industrial jobs, not taxpayer funded jobs or commercial jobs supported by tax eating employees and retirees will we maintain at least the status quo. All the new President says is he recognizes our  future failure but what happens is if he ls a lot of hot air.

And Obama did what to help keep jobs here and more specifically, as you noted in NYS ? I rolled the dice and went with someone that at least talked about jobs and keeping our money in the USA, never heard the liar talk about that in her speeches although I did hear her call us Deplorable, thank you very much for that pat on the back said the working class people that keep the welfare state alive and well.

16 hours ago, rolmops said:

That is very different from what Charlie P said and I agree with it. The police do have a heavy burden,but they also need to do a lot of soul searching.

Soul searching ?. That's some BS right there. How about training. I have seen police take lives for both legitimate and bad reasons. The bad reasons could have been handled with a taser, non lethal means. There have been quite a few instances where training should have kicked in. But high intensity situations affect people differently. Ask your active military or vets. There are a small % of people that don't respond correctly. These should NOT  represent the other 99% that perform well and put their lives on the line everyday.

Edited by moonfish

As a combat vet , I can tell you that you literally have Mille seconds to react to a threat. Someone points a pellet gun at you or even a cell phone in the dark. It's him or you. We called it collateral damage. If everyone would obey a lawful order from the police , there would be far fewer "incidents". Innocent people don't run away.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

24 minutes ago, chinook35 said:

As a combat vet , I can tell you that you literally have Mille seconds to react to a threat. Someone points a pellet gun at you or even a cell phone in the dark. It's him or you. We called it collateral damage. If everyone would obey a lawful order from the police , there would be far fewer "incidents". Innocent people don't run away.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

I agree with you 100%. But shooting an unarmed person in the back 8 times in broad daylight when they are running away is unlawful. Especially when you have tools like a k-9, taser, shotgun beanbags, backup. These don't require a milli second decision. They require training. And sometimes not even training is the answer. The only perfect force in the world is God. There will be bad choices made, fortunately they are the 1% and the complete trashing of our entire law enforcement by these liberals is unjustifiable. 

Ya know, the dems have ruled over our cities for at least 50 years and things have only gotten worse since. You would think city citizens would abandon the dems by now. 

Definition of insanity : Doing same thing over and over again expecting different results.

My dad served in kaison 69 3rd marines. THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE

Edited by moonfish

37 minutes ago, moonfish said:

I agree with you 100%. But shooting an unarmed person in the back 8 times in broad daylight when they are running away is unlawful. Especially when you have tools like a k-9, taser, shotgun beanbags, backup. These don't require a milli second decision. They require training. And sometimes not even training is the answer. The only perfect force in the world is God. There will be bad choices made, fortunately they are the 1% and the complete trashing of our entire law enforcement by these liberals is unjustifiable. 

Ya know, the dems have ruled over our cities for at least 50 years and things have only gotten worse since. You would think city citizens would abandon the dems by now. 

Definition of insanity : Doing same thing over and over again expecting different results.

My dad served in kaison 69 3rd marines. THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE

:yes:

To get back to Trump. I pray that he will do do whatever you hope he will do. However reality teaches me that a politician never keeps his promises and as far as the politician is concerned, he needed you to vote for him. Now that he has your vote and he is in power, you might as well drop dead until he needs you again to stay in power. I have yet to find a reason why Trump would be any different. I sincerely believe that anybody who wants to become president should not be allowed to do so. Only the ones who are pressured by people to do so and agree reluctantly can be trusted. As for Trump being the best choice,maybe, just maybe he is the lesser of two evils.

Edited by rolmops

27 minutes ago, rolmops said:

To get back to Trump. I pray that he will do do whatever you hope he will do. However reality teaches me that a politician never keeps his promises and as far as the politician is concerned, he needed you to vote for him. Now that he has your vote and he is in power, you might as well drop dead until he needs you again to stay in power. I have yet to find a reason why Trump would be any different. I sincerely believe that anybody who wants to become president should not be allowed to do so. Only the ones who are pressured by people to do so and agree reluctantly can be trusted. As for Trump being the best choice,maybe, just maybe he is the lesser of two evils.

He's a self made business man. Not a politician. Not his career.  He isn't tied to lobbyists. That right there makes all the difference. He's going to do it his way. He's wealthy for a reason. Look at politicians, they tax and spend. They must have forgot how to balance a check book. Why do you think jobs have left state & country ? Moron schumer and cuomo wants free college and they can't get high school straightened out. Trump isn't a sell out.

4 minutes ago, moonfish said:

He's a self made business man. Not a politician. Not his career.  He isn't tied to lobbyists. That right there makes all the difference. He's going to do it his way. He's wealthy for a reason. Look at politicians, they tax and spend. They must have forgot how to balance a check book. Why do you think jobs have left state & country ? Moron schumer and cuomo wants free college and they can't get high school straightened out. Trump isn't a sell out.

Business men are the ones who created lobbyists. They are the ones who rent and buy politicians for their own interest not yours or mine.

power corrupts

Haha haha..... Power corrupts is the best you got? Please......

I actually thought you would have a 2 page disertation about how the American justice system has failed...maybe how all cops are racists and only take the job to keep less fortunate people down....

Of course all cops take the job so they can shoot people , beat people up, get free coffee at Timmy Ho's, and use those wicked cool lights so they can drive real fast ( dig my sarcasm).

Truth be know, the retirement sucks ( new contracts have guys in their 60s chasing criminals through yards and breaking up bar fights.....), the public hates them and looks at them with disdain. Criminals are getting more violent and the number of Officer Deaths on the job has almost doubled in recent years. Let's not get into the kids games they miss, the weekends, holidays missed....

It's real easy to criticize a job from your desk behind your computer if you never laced up your boots, put your armor on, and went to work wondering if it's your last shift.

Years ago there would be 10k people taking the City PD exam... Now maybe 2k... I guess all that power ( which you believes corrupts) doesn't have the shine it used to have.....

( that was me dropping the mic)

Sent from my VS985 4G using Lake Ontario United mobile app

22 minutes ago, rolmops said:

Business men are the ones who created lobbyists. They are the ones who rent and buy politicians for their own interest not yours or mine.

And who is bought and sold like a prostitue ? Politicians. Let's face facts. No mater what side of the aisle your on, no matter who or what  people represent,  more than 70% of ALL Americans agree the country is going in the wrong direction. 

So electing another politician is going to get real change ? I don't think so. Do what you always do and you get what you always got. America has spoken and its time to move on. Great thing is both you and I can disagree and solve it at the voting booth. Its really sad to see people in complete fear. That's what happens when they believe what their own party tells them. Lies and fear. Propaganda.That's a great winning plan ! A losing effort. Obviously not everyone is fooled. 

OMGO!!!  Sorry if I offended any of my fellow LOU members. BTW I am a registered republican for more then 40 years. Also want to mention my original post responding to" Its Over" did not show in its entirety on the LOW website. I'll respond more in future-very busy these days. But I'll restate here that Trump is not my president. He does not represent the core values of the republican party. In his own words he has proven he's a misogynist,a bigot and a racist. He got elected on a fluke! He took the campaign so much into the gutter that we had one of the lowest turnouts in history of presidential elections, Less then 48% of eligible voters voted!!!  We've had presidential elections where 90% of eligble voters came to the poles.He lost the popular vote by almost 3 million votes!!!  I am completely puzzeled as to why American sportsman think he is a friend.The man has never held a fishing rod in his hand, he's never walked thru the woods with a shotgun or a rifle,and he never will !!! I'll give him the beniifit of the doubt for a short time but I am very worried. My biggest fear is his thin skinned egomaniac personality could bring young americans into a unnecessary military conflict. Example being: the Irag war that at the time HE was quoted as saying HE supported and yet during the recent campaign HE claimed HE DID NOT SUPPORT. Is there anyone that thinks the Irag war was worth the # of american lives and billions $ cost because we were so certain that Saddam Hussan had weapons of mass destruction?? We were so certain Saddam was somehow involved in the attacks on 9-11??? What a wast of American lives and treasure- for what??? Anyhow I'm sorry I don't think ITS OVER BY A LONG SHOT!! ITS ONLY JUST BEGUN!!! MAY GOD BLESS AMERICA FOR THE NEXT FOUR YEARS!!!

i

Like him or not Mike.....your an American..you live in the United States..... So he's the President of your ( our) country.... Maybe he's not the person you would like to be president, but he's President none the less. When Obama was elected 2x you didn't see violent protests, people in tears on their knees in the streets, or snowflakes seeking safe zones.... The people nutted up, and had the mentality of "it will only be another 4 years".

President of the United States is pretty much a figure....you think that Trump is sitting at his desk right now with one pinky on the nuke button, and one up in the air while he sips Champaign?

There was a video I saw the other day that showed a bunch of Hollywood actors saying Trump would never be president..... Well how are they liking that crow dinner right now? Same goes for all his naysayers... What if he does do some great things for the economy, or takes control of the immigration issues? What if he does what he says he will ( there is a first time for everything)?

Will he still be "Not my President"?

I'm thinking if this all works out then there will be more Bandwagoners than at a Superbowl party.

My personal opinion is I'm going to wait and see..... People can stomp their feet, shake their fists in the air , cry afoul, or simply just cry..... He's still the President, he's not going anywhere, and that's that.....

Can I just go fishing now? Lol

Sent from my VS985 4G using Lake Ontario United mobile app

You echoed my fears exactly. I'm also a Republican and I don't understand what's so appealing about this guy. Because he says crap that other folks don't? Any loudmouth who doesn't mind offending people could do the same. 

I don't want a president that I'd be comfortable with having a beer. I want somebody who reflects my values and I feel like we've just stepped back 100 years...except without the need to be polite anymore. I think that it's possible to be strong without being offensive. I wish our Commander in Chief felt the same way.