It's Over !!!

HB2

Loving it all fellas..

Stocks closed at all-time highs Wednesday after a series of executive orders from President Donald Trump increased bullish sentiment on Wall Street, while financials outperformed. 

"People are seeing that the administration is carrying through with some of the things they promised," said John Stadtler, the head of U.S. Financial Services Industry Practice at PwC. "It looks like long-term capital gains are here to stay."

The TRUMP train is a rolling.....  Madonna and her peers you're losing, we're winning !

Capt. Pete

The reason that demagogues make it into power is that people like what they're doing.At least initially. I really, really hope that I'm wrong and that most of the others who's comments I'm reading here are right. The alternative scares me too much. Those of you who know me know that I'm no "snowflake"...a term I've seen hurled around lately...heck, I'm a registered Republican...but I am concerned. The new administration appears to like to massage the message: if anyone's seen "Sausage Party" the movie, you know what I'm talking about. Denying stuff doesn't make it untrue and saying it louder doesn't make it true. 

I don't disagree with what this administration is doing on principle and I will keep an open mind. But I will make up my own mind based upon facts...I don't buy either side's BS. If there's one thing that I bet we can all agree upon is that politics is dirty business. Unlike most, however, I don't think that the current CEO is above it all. He just has a different agenda.

Edited by Gator
typo

I hope so!! I'm not implying he doesn't...and I think that most of us who care about these things love America. We just have different ideas on how to move forward and what's acceptable methods to achieve the results. I'm actually rooting for him, because the alternative is much, much worse. But some of what I'm seeing concerns me. I'm a natural skeptic. I'm also a lifelong Bill's fan. So I'll hold off on drinking the Kool-Aid, wait and see how it all plays out.

13 hours ago, Gator said:

The reason that demagogues make it into power is that people like what they're doing.At least initially. I really, really hope that I'm wrong and that most of the others who's comments I'm reading here are right. The alternative scares me too much. Those of you who know me know that I'm no "snowflake"...a term I've seen hurled around lately...heck, I'm a registered Republican...but I am concerned. The new administration appears to like to massage the message: if anyone's seen "Sausage Party" the movie, you know what I'm talking about. Denying stuff doesn't make it untrue and saying it louder doesn't make it true. 

I don't disagree with what this administration is doing on principle and I will keep an open mind. But I will make up my own mind based upon facts...I don't buy either side's BS. If there's one thing that I bet we can all agree upon is that politics is dirty business. Unlike most, however, I don't think that the current CEO is above it all. He just has a different agenda.

My sentiments also.

I voted for the guy also, I just couldn't find the channel that some of the guys were watching, like the voting poles were rigged? I saw a lot about we need to move forward and it's not going to be no where near the 3 million to say he won both poles. The wall? It's going to be 3 billion out of our pockets until he figures out how Mexico is going to pay "us" back. It's a complicated way he says? Yes the Dow closed at all time high, but that's not because of the sweep of his pen, it was all international stocks?  He still didn't file his tax return? I'm not against the guy, but the hype isn't there yet. The rocket has fired up but the thrusters haven't come on yet.  Ok unleash the dogs, I only have one shell left.  :lol:

Pap,

Its all interesting, not perfect but its CHANGE that is overdue and needed.  Time will tell for sure.  Early indications are looking good for voting his way.

The liberal media all said he was going to hurt the market (wrong) and its improved (best in 8 years) since he was elected.  Without argument and one can say what the reasons are or are not HIM but it does not change the results.  It certaibly was not our past Prez...Obama cried for years that he inherited a BUSH disaster.. Remember..  He used that line a LOT as well as the dems.  Well TRUMP inherited a bad situation and it turned around within days.   It was HIM that created the reasons for markets resurgence.

Regarding tax returns.. Why would he want to?  just so the press could bust his stones more and btw, Its a moot point.  Knowing the guy, the more the PRESS demands something, the more entrenched TRUMP will play the game and resist.  I cant blame him and will it change anything?

Capt Pete

That's very true, never thought about it that way. Yea Hillary left wilth her emails never uncovered, so yea!! anyone else would be locked up for espionage. :swear:

4 hours ago, Gator said:

I hope so!! I'm not implying he doesn't...and I think that most of us who care about these things love America. We just have different ideas on how to move forward and what's acceptable methods to achieve the results. I'm actually rooting for him, because the alternative is much, much worse. But some of what I'm seeing concerns me. I'm a natural skeptic. I'm also a lifelong Bill's fan. So I'll hold off on drinking the Kool-Aid, wait and see how it all plays out.

Lol...I been bills fan 35 yrs. So being a skeptic I totally understand. Your right, there are many ways to skin a cat. Thanks for reply.

43 minutes ago, dreamsteelie said:

Well TRUMP inherited a bad situation and it turned around within days.   It was HIM that created the reasons for markets resurgence.

Um, ok... the Dow has gone up more than 140% since Obama's inauguration in January 2009 with steady yearly increases - but sure credit it all to Trump.

It's a sad day for me reading this thread. A once unified group of good red blooded Americans freely sharing tips on how to put fish in the boat...now bickering over an election. My take on this...as if it matters...the last administration did one thing extremely well...dividing the country....and I'm not talking about skin color.

I wonder where we would be today if Mr Obama would've chosen the words "obey the law" over " fight back"? .how about "all lives matter"? One man with the golden opportunity to unify America failed miserably.

God bless America no matter who won the election. Let's focus on sticking together and solving real problems.

Just for the record....I'm glad my guns are safe for 4 more years. Disarming honest law abiding citizens will never be the answer.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

1 hour ago, kingpossible said:

As this relates to fishing... any chance we can get the new administration to reduce the Lake Trout stocking numbers?

Laker stockings were cut along with the kings for this year and next year. 

I would love a Quinte intervention, Scott!! The new Grizzly is ready to roll. Unfortunately, I'm wondering if it's going to happen this year, with the weather being what it is. We should be able to hit Oneida for sure in a couple weeks, though. Soon as I'm back from New Orleans mid-month my schedule really opens up. 

It's cool to see all the opinions here...I like to think that America is a family. Yeah, we bust each other's balls, but we're there for each other when it counts.

My mind wanders so to amuse myself I wrote a little song............................And it goes like this ( think Mickey Mouse) .

Whose the leader of the country that's made for you and me

D-O- N    A-L-D    T--R-U-M-P 

Donald Trump  USA!      Donald Trump  USA! 

Forever shall we hold our flags high ! high! high! high !

Come along and sing our song and make our country great again!

D-O-N    A-L-D    T-R-U-M-P  !!

What do you think ?

33 minutes ago, Gator said:

It's cool to see all the opinions here...I like to think that America is a family. Yeah, we bust each other's balls, but we're there for each other when it counts.

Right on Bro . 

On 1/26/2017 at 7:08 PM, HB2 said:

My mind wanders so to amuse myself I wrote a little song............................And it goes like this ( think Mickey Mouse) .

Whose the leader of the country that's made for you and me

D-O- N    A-L-D    T--R-U-M-P 

Donald Trump  USA!      Donald Trump  USA! 

Forever shall we hold our flags high ! high! high! high !

Come along and sing our song and make our country great again!

D-O-N    A-L-D    T-R-U-M-P  !!

What do you think ?

Right on Bro . 

I suggest that you go see a Charlie Chaplin Movie made in 1940

I have spend the last three days relining reels with all new line, 12 reels with mono 2 Stainlees steel reels 4 Copper Reels , plus repairing my Planer Board mast that took out 1,200 of telephone line last spring ,Charged up the video camera new batteries for the camera all for this Sunday 1/29 our first trip of 2017..Have already taken the other rods and Optimizer Lures too the boat.

119nkw5.jpg

Edited by stan

It's over all right.  It's sad to see what this country turned into in just one week.

I was going to quietly disappear but the events of this weekend make it impossible.   Trump is a monster.  The USA is now an embarrassment around the world.  

Picking a trade war with Mexico.  Building a useless expensive wall.  Denying GREEN CARD residents (people who LIVE HERE with homes and jobs!) return when they went to visit family elsewhere.  This is having real effects on real people today.  Students who went home for the holidays.  LEGAL RESIDENTS.  Gag orders on federal offices.

Official climate change denial... the stupidest one of all.  What's with the war on science?  When was knowledge bad? What the hell is wrong with people when the truth must be hidden and denied and not even searched for?

This is what you all wanted?  Hate and ignorance?  Many of you probably applaud that list.  Some of you did already in this thread.  Sad hateful humans.  Right, like Trump says?  SAD!   It's disgusting.   

I'd say I hope you get what you voted for but I'm not that mean.  I just don't get it.   It's always been tough being a liberal sportsman.  Usually I just keep quiet because I want to enjoy the sport and not argue.  I'm not out there for politics.   But it's impossible with random people saying racist things and assuming I'm okay with it because I'm white and have a beard.

The level of hate and bigotry I've seen this year while simply trying to fish has skyrocketed.  Honestly it's kept me from fishing much since the election.  I don't want to go out there and have some ignorant a hole tell me how Hillary is running a child p o r n  ring out of a pizza restaurant.  (Yes this is a big thing if you are lucky enough to not have heard it, and I got lectured on it in December.)  It's simply not true and it's mind boggling some of the things people say and believe.  Even on this thread.

I doubt I'll be back to check replies.  There's no arguing with the special kind of ignorance on display here.   I just pray sane minds can pull us back from the brink.  But the era of America as a beacon of Democracy and a country to look up to is over.  Just look at the world's reaction to this travesty.     This isn't making America great again.  This is making America hate again. 

All of you who just got incredibly angry at me.... maybe stop watching Fox News and think for yourselves.  Trump has lied to you dozens of times already.  Verifiable lies.  On video.   Be mad at me... or go watch something and learn.   

THINK FOR YOURSELVES

Edited to spell p o r n to defeat censure

Edited by hermit