It's Over !!!

HB2

2 hours ago, hermit said:

Official climate change denial... the stupidest one of all.  What's with the war on science?  When was knowledge bad?

Anybody in science with a minimal math background KNOWS FOR A FACT that you can not take a small sample and reach a conclusion. We have only been tracking weather and climate for about 100 years. For the sake of this argument , let's say the earth has been around for 100 million years (way less than it actually is).To reach a conclusion based on a sample of 100 out of 100 million is what is known as statistically insignificant.If a scientist pushed a theory in any other field with the same type of sampling they would be called a fraud.

I know for a fact that you can't trust rich old white haired people. Spend a day in corporate America...

sort of... kind of... Not really joking...

I always ask some of my higher end friends. "How do you complain about the liberals and then pay for kids college education at a liberal arts college"?  I always find humor in the response. 

Most of you guys would have really pounded Obama if he contradicted himself as much as Trump did. I do applaude Trump for winning the election he ran to win and was smarter then his counter parts. 

4 hours ago, hermit said:

it's mind boggling some of the things people say and believe.  Even on this thread.

Hermit summed it up himself, but that's what he believes. He said he probably wouldn't check replies. I'm crushed, looks like we lost another one. Sounds like my mother-in-law.

Edited by lost a lure
Added mother-in-law comment

I'm so American I only let my kids listen to Toby Kieth and Hank Jr. Bought my whole family "Make America Great Again" Hats and am starting my own militia just incase some one comes to take my grandpa old 20 gauge. Just burned all three of my kids science books cause the dam things said it's possibly we all came from various kind of Apes and that climate change is caused by factories. When my hippy sisters comes over tonight I'm going to punch her the face just to prove that men our superior. 

Couldn't help myself ☮️

No contradiction with Obama. He did exactly what he said he would do, and based on the facts of his early acquaintances and their hatred for the American way,...yeah it was clear he meant to do what he said, Change America. Right down to this forum. Now we have hermit, and who knows who calling out haters. Thinking for himself. Are we all not thinking for all Americans anymore? That's what division is, and we loose. I think we all want no more nine elevens, Kate Steinle murders, people coming here 100,000 at a time where terrorist exist and blend in. Let's face it, all of us would like to be nice to the world, but would you like to go where the sub humans live and have dinner there?...same reason I will not go downtown Chicago areas for dinner. There are sub humans there, we know where they are, so don't let them come have dinner with you. Reference to war in trade, not war, unless winning shoddy expensive products at the expense of 60 billion dollars trade deficit lost is the marker for who won that war...

Thinking for America is not thinking for yourself, unless the latter includes accepting losses in life, liberty, and happiness. I don't believe anyone here wants that. Sure Trump is contradictory. You can go back to 2001, he was Republican then Democrat, then Republica again. Many contradictions floating through anyone's life. He didn't even want to commit his run for president to either party at first. He had been each party personally. For now, he has started in the first week doing most of everything he said he would do.

Hermit, I empathize with you, and surely care for America and all who live as Americans, but this is a different kind of ride for us all right now.

I feel like.....

We were on a slow train in a tunnel with no light at the end.

Now we just we just strapped in with John Force, and 330 miles per hour to the winners circle...just hope the drag chute works to celebrate it.

Edited to correct the trade deficit figure to 60 billion not 16 billion....that was the amount in cash given by Obama to America's enemy state of Iran for nothing in return. Thanks for reminding me Tom (longline )

MONSTER?

cent frum my notso smartphone

All I know is we are 20 Trillion dollars in debt. When the money runs out ,the rest won't matter. Need guys who know money to fix the problem . 

He is letting the rest of the world know we aren't going to be chumps anymore. 

Edited by HB2

2 hours ago, Kymloch said:

Anybody in science with a minimal math background KNOWS FOR A FACT that you can not take a small sample and reach a conclusion. We have only been tracking weather and climate for about 100 years. For the sake of this argument , let's say the earth has been around for 100 million years (way less than it actually is).To reach a conclusion based on a sample of 100 out of 100 million is what is known as statistically insignificant.If a scientist pushed a theory in any other field with the same type of sampling they would be called a fraud.

It is true that you cannot take a small sample and reach a conclusion. This has to do with statistics not math. Statistic calculations differ very much from math.

As for only a hundred years? As anybody who did 101 geomorphology can tell you, climate change has been studied in sedimentation layers that go back about 60 million years or more.Lately with antarctic core drilling going down to about 2000 years back, other concurrent results have shown up. That is a problem if you think that the world is less than 6000 years old and believe the humbug that is pre-chewed by certain right wing main stream pseudo scientist radio hosts. Scientists have no need to lie,politicians do.The denial of climate change is promoted by the same people who want you to believe that cigarette smoking is good for you.

Edited by rolmops

Rollmops why don't you check the facts!!! My grandma has smoked her whole life and is still alive and 90. Stop trying to prohibit corporate America from progressing with facts. The Marlboro man was a dam America icon. Yea an you're probably one of those whips that thinks football leads to concussions. Yea if you're kids a puss. This is America buddy love it or leave it. 

Back to fishing... 

You guys remember when when the WHI strategically kept all the Canadians from crossing the border against there will. Sure keep the Mexicans out but force the Canadians to stay. 

4 hours ago, rolmops said:

It is true that you cannot take a small sample and reach a conclusion. This has to do with statistics not math. Statistic calculations differ very much from math.

As for only a hundred years? As anybody who did 101 geomorphology can tell you, climate change has been studied in sedimentation layers that go back about 60 million years or more.Lately with antarctic core drilling going down to about 2000 years back, other concurrent results have shown up. That is a problem if you think that the world is less than 6000 years old and believe the humbug that is pre-chewed by certain right wing main stream pseudo scientist radio hosts. Scientists have no need to lie,politicians do.The denial of climate change is promoted by the same people who want you to believe that cigarette smoking is good for you.

If you want to accept climate change then you must accept the whole theory of it, not just one little aspect of it. The temperature earth will continue to increase over the next 1.2 billion years to the point that all surface granite will be molten. The only way to prevent this is by moving the earth further away from the sun.Scientists that have no need to lie have theories on how to do this.Scientists with theories get grant money to study theories. Scientists without theories don't get grant money.

One thing we will never have to worry about is the Liberals taking up arms against the other side.

Heck California has gone totally nuts now saying they want there own country..Have there own web site now news says they want it up for 2018 election 

10 minutes ago, stan said:

One thing we will never have to worry about is the Liberals taking up arms against the other side.

Heck California has gone totally nuts now saying they want there own country..Have there own web site now news says they want it up for 2018 election 

Good ,I hope they take NYC with them while there at it.

Jeeze Stan!, you better get the hell outta there! Being a conservative there you might be put in concentration camps and made to watch Madonna movies and music all day for torture.

cent frum my notso smartphone

Trade deficit with Mexico for goods is at 60 B for 2016.  For services, it’s a surplus.  US imported 80 B worth of vehicles last yr from Mex, so it makes sense to impose additional taxes on Mexican made vehicles & bring that manufacturing back in country.  Get Ford & Chevy to invest billions in new factories here.  Should be great short term…get construction jobs, get assembly jobs, get investments, drive stock prices sky high.  But what happens when Mexico retaliates with tariffs on our exports?  What happens when Ford & Chevy want return on their investment?  (I don’t know, just asking)

BTW, did anyone catch what both Ryan & McConnel’s said about reducing sanctions on Russia?

Newspeak has it that Trump is willing to reduce sanctions on Russia in return for drastic reduction of their nuclear stock pile. This is a few weeks after Trump joined Putin in calling to expand the nuclear stockpiles.

Well said Gator!! You and I are two republicans on the same page when it comes to Trump. Character counts in politics, the workplace in friendships and relationships. I have a n 17 year old daughter and a 7 year old son. They both asked me questions about things they heard Trump said during the campaign. Most of the time I'd say don't worry he's never going to be elected. I guess I was wrong and now I have some really tough explaining to my kids. My  daughter was outraged when she heard Trump bragging about grabbing women by the pu**y and his other comments about how he views women. My 7 year old couldn't believe that he wants to build a wall around the whole country!  I did explain to him thats not exactly what he wants to do. You try and teach your kids the difference between right and wrong,a being gentleman or a lady. The Golden Rule: Treat others way you would like to be treated. Sadly thats not who Donald Trump is. So how do you explain President Donald Trump to your kids???

Yea guys, I got the same deal going on here, 2, 12 year old girls, yep you figured it out twins, that are bright young ladies in their ideas and thoughts. I'm lost for words girls, I can't excuse his words, I just say I don't think that's what he means, I hate lying to my own kids. What I'd like to tell them is drop your socks and grab your crotch, were in for one hell of a ride, hopefully I'm wrong. :whew:

1 hour ago, stan said:

Didn't the North Win?  

Very simple explanation to the kids.  Turn off the dam tv, especially the news.  If you watch a liberal news station then they only broadcast the liberal views.  I was a law enforcement officer for 25 years. I can't tell you how many times what the news reports is completely false or the opposite of what actually happened.  My wife was so worried about what the news report compared to what really happened when I explained it to her in person. 

Not one of us was there when these alleged p'.sy grabbing comments were made.  I guess no one understands that voice bytes and recordings can be changed to hurt someone.  We do live in the 21st century.  

God help you you if you think this country would be in better hands if "she" became president.