Myself and capt. Lou got a chance to sneak out and chase some browns and we did just that. Launched out of olcott at 7:20am, dodged some floating ice and debris and started setting lines. We put a good selection of bayrays and rapalas to start and before we could get the full spread out we were fighting the first fish of 2017! With one in the box we keep on going and rods kept firing, they wanted the small bayrats today for sure, goby and coho crusher were the studs of the day. We trolled east towards the microwave and had a steady pick all day, water ranged from 33.6 - 34.7 but it didn't seem the matter. Spent most of out time in 10-20fow and ended the day going 10/12 with a could nicer sized fish. Great day on the water.

Capt. Carl

IMG_1484941164.674174.thumb.jpg.9bcf1b88IMG_1484941181.759260.thumb.jpg.045f5680IMG_1484941208.516287.thumb.jpg.3059a1b6IMG_1484941232.218701.thumb.jpg.d1d73a04IMG_1484941251.136149.thumb.jpg.acca84d2

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Edited by Dublin Up

WOW, that's fantastic guys!! Those are some beautiful looking fish for sure, not surprised about the lure of choice and of course the colors that seem to prevail year after year!! I'm still puzzled by the Coho Crusher, certainly goes against all the theories of looking natural!! Congrats to you guys!! Definatly a better choice than watching the presidential inauguration:lol:  but any day on Lake'O is better than being many places I can think of!!!  What a way to kickoff the 2017 season.:yes:

RD9, we had good action espically by keg creek.. water is nice and caulky... bright stuff works best but that goby pattern also took 3-4 fish. Def a small stick bite, and couldn't get a spoon bite all day. Good luck... post a report !

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app