Little Salmon River Challenge

cannon

Spoonfed will probably answer this question as he is on the committee for the tourney. He is making a list of the rules but they are very simple from what he has told me and I don't want to tell you something I may have misunderstood so I'll let him post the rules and fees. I'll email him and let him know your looking for the info.

The meeting went well and everything is a go. Ron took the notes as the votes were taken on the different issues and will post all the specifics on the gla board i guess. I will go very lightly here because I don't want to post incorrect info. What I am quite sure about is 2 adults per boat minimum. Leave dock at 5:00 start fishing at 6:00. Must be at the weigh in before 2:00. State rules with a slight variation on min. size. Can't remember exactly. It was dedcided to set the entry fee at $50.00 to keep it affordable and fun. Weigh in 6 largest fish. There will be an additional ticket fee for cookout after the tourny.

Thats about all I am relativley sure of. Like I said RonJ has all the details in writing so he can fill in the blanks. Sounds like it will be a real fun tourney with a good turn out.

Hpe that helps.

Glen

Glen,

You are correct about everything. The fish that are eligible are going to be Kings, Cohos, Browns and Steelies, with the size limit at 21" to go along with the new NYS regulations for steelies. I am in the process as we speak of doing the regulations and I will be getting it up to Beth tomorrow. We will keep you posted on anything new. The date is the 28th of July, with a blow off for the 29th.

Rich

Glen,

You are correct, browns will be allowed, I forgot to include them, I just edited the post. I am hoping to get the rules up to Beth tomorrow, I have a call into Ron, I want to talk to him before I finish them. Talk to you later.

Rich

I also forgot to say that Jerry Bechold is putting up the prize$$ for the big fish contest. There will be no fee to enter the big fish contest. We are also going to try to have Jerry and a couple of other sponsors do mini demos on Friday night before the derby at the Capt. meeting.

Rich

Chris,

It was nice to meet you also. I just returned from giving Beth a copy of the Rules that I did up. I also emailed her a copy of a flyer that I recieved from Werner, so she was going to get in touch with you. We are on the way to getting a great little fun get together going. After we get everything put together we will post the whole thing. Talk to you later.

Rich

Rich,

Looking forward to it-

did she give you my number?

i may be pre-occupied with a new born within the next couple days

so if i don't get back to you soon then feel free to call me.

thanks for the update rich, im sorry i couldnt make it up but i had prior commitments, we had a bennifit roast for a friend who has been laid up for 2 yrs. big story but anyway, will be looking for the final draft and if i could get a copy of the flyer when you get ill post it at our campsite(flatrock) i have talk to a couple of them allready and they said they were interested in it. if you need anything let me know. good luck...