January troll on the "O"

January troll on the "O"

So we hit the O out of Bear Creek yesterday and trolled the 8' to 10' range and absolutely crushed the browns.  A few cookie cutters but mainly 6lb and better with a nice 12.5lb.  However, equipment failure after equipment failure kept the excitement down.  We lost a monster fish that fought like a king.  It surfaced right after it hit but then screamed taking about 100 feet of line before turning towards the boat then making a ninety and pulling another bunch of line and broke off.  I was sick.  Never saw it but figure it was a big steelie or who knows maybe a king.  Ive never trolled this time of year so I don't know other than trout what is lurking.  Anyway a mix bag of sticks did the trick, clown color being the best that brought all the big ones.  The fog set in and made it a pain in the ... , especially when there was one guy out there not running his lights.  Unbelievable.  Then when he was all done headed to the launch on plane.  Visibility was about 100' at best. So all in all in a great time.  Non stop action.   Can't wait till March.

16 hours ago, copperpin said:

January troll on the "O"

So we hit the O out of Bear Creek yesterday and trolled the 8' to 10' range and absolutely crushed the browns.  A few cookie cutters but mainly 6lb and better with a nice 12.5lb.  However, equipment failure after equipment failure kept the excitement down.  We lost a monster fish that fought like a king.  It surfaced right after it hit but then screamed taking about 100 feet of line before turning towards the boat then making a ninety and pulling another bunch of line and broke off.  I was sick.  Never saw it but figure it was a big steelie or who knows maybe a king.  Ive never trolled this time of year so I don't know other than trout what is lurking.  Anyway a mix bag of sticks did the trick, clown color being the best that brought all the big ones.  The fog set in and made it a pain in the ... , especially when there was one guy out there not running his lights.  Unbelievable.  Then when he was all done headed to the launch on plane.  Visibility was about 100' at best. So all in all in a great time.  Non stop action.   Can't wait till March.

Sent you pm