Canadian Fishing N of Buffalo Where to go?

Canadian Fishing N of Buffalo Where to go?

I would like to set up a trip to Canada somewhere north of buffalo no more than 4 hours.  Does anyone have some recommendations.  Looking to catch pike/Walleye and I will be taking young kids so I am looking for cabin with all the amenities.

Thanks,

Eric

French River Lodge is a great place to stay.  We used to go up every year.  It is a island with a bunch of cabins and a lodge on it.  You get a water taxi ride to the island.  They have boats to rent too.  Lots of pike, walleye smallmouth and musky. 

• 4 weeks later...

Great area to fish. Live  south of that area and fished up in the river, see if you can get to the Bad river mouth through the bay. The river is a tricky one to go up and I would not venture to far up as there are rapid's and rocks and if you don't know the area it could be unsafe.  There are some great Walleye there, the rock face drop off is deep. Beware of the black flies and it you decide to get a little further into the wilderness take a mosquito net or your face may disappear with the black flies, they are the North's air force, this depend on the weather if they are around in June.

One lure I always used there was a flatfish x4 black and the skunk trolled slowly

Enjoy the trip.