Rebuild Marine toilet or buy a whole new one

Gotta Bite

The toilet on my boat is the original one that came with it almost 30 years ago. Seat cracked, pimp handle stripped out last year and it has seen better days. It's almost cheaper to buy a whole new Jabsco toilet as opposed to replacing the seat and replacing the pump section. The feedback I read that it was easy to replace the whole toilet but that the modern day was made with much cheaper parts like most things seem to be these days. Has anyone done this with their boats both partial replacement or whole replacement. Also did you incur any issues while doing so. Thanks in advance for the feedback.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Replace. Brand new jabosco for 130 online shipped. Took me 20 minutes to swap it and was a direct fit. Pumped like a dream. Clients never had issues again. My new boat had an electric pump toilet. If you can go with the extra bucks, worth it.

Making your storeies, Reel Stories, since 2011!!

I'm thinking it's going to be a crappy job either way. Pun intended. [emoji38] I'll have to see if I can find it for $130 as of now I think $176 was the cheapest I found it. Any else needed like a wax ring or silicone / sealant of some sort or does it come with everything needed in the box?

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United