Oswego Harbor- Web Cams-Need Your Support

reillym

Oswego Harbor- Web Cams

I've remained quiet for several months now waiting to see the new Oswego web cams come into operation overlooking the lake, river and Harbor. The Mayor did respond to me back in Sept they were being worked on and I know of the person who had insight into the development of a system for the city. My last request to the Mayor went unanswered so I decided to reach out to see if there is any knowledge available. This was a big concern to many and a very resourceful tool to have to boaters and fishermen from near and a far.Fishing is only a couple months away for some. "Time to find out"

Its been almost one year since I ventured into trying to make this a reality, There's power in numbers and I know there's many that would like to see this happen, reach out to your local aldermen's and legislatures, official's, and people involved in the water front restoration project. Boat owners and Captains up and down the Lake Ontario Coast bring them on board. Just think of being able to see what the Lake is actually doing before you get there. What a tool for safe boating and fishing to.

Edited by reillym

Would love to see them setup something like what we have here on LOU here in Rochester NY but on the East (Oswego) or West (Niagara) end of the lake / maybe even North shore too (Toronto?).   Nothing tells you the weather like a live web cam that is clear and close to the water (see link below and scroll down a bit). 

https://www.lakeontariounited.com/fishing-hunting/page/lakeontario_map/

I have the resources to do this, just need the counties to supply funding to purchase cameras and get it setup.

The live camera Chad is referring to in above post is on the "MAPS" tab when you log in . Upper left part of page.

BEST Live Camera on the Lake !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Closest to the water also....

Jerry

RUNNIN REBEL

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BlueEye said:

Would love to see them setup something like what we have here on LOU here in Rochester NY but on the East (Oswego) or West (Niagara) end of the lake / maybe even North shore too (Toronto?).   Nothing tells you the weather like a live web cam that is clear and close to the water (see link below and scroll down a bit). 

https://www.lakeontariounited.com/fishing-hunting/page/lakeontario_map/

I have the resources to do this, just need the counties to supply funding to purchase cameras and get it setup.

It would be great to have web cams all around the lake,what a difference it would  make for all,right now I'm focused on the Oswego area since that has been my home port. I have been in contact with the person who designed the web came for this site on many occasions and directed him to the people in Oswego, the last thing I new he was designing a prototype to show them ,it was my understanding there has been no further contact.That is why I'm reaching out. Oswego has millions of dollars now to redo the water front area.We did have a web cam and they took them down,it wasn't a water front shot but better than nothing.Hopefully we can get this started and it will have a ripple effect to other areas.

2 hours ago, RUNNIN REBEL said:

The live camera Chad is referring to in above post is on the "MAPS" tab when you log in . Upper left part of page.

BEST Live Camera on the Lake !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Closest to the water also....

Jerry

RUNNIN REBEL

would be great to have web cams all around the lake,what a difference it would  make for all,right now I'm focused on the Oswego area since that has been my home port. I have been in contact with the person who designed the web came for this site on many occasions and directed him to the people in Oswego, the last thing I new he was designing a prototype to show them ,it was my understanding there has been no further contact.That is why I'm reaching out. Oswego has millions of dollars now to redo the water front area.We did have a web cam and they took them down,it wasn't a water front shot but better than nothing.Hopefully we can get this started and it will have a ripple effect to other areas.