I read a little about renaming a boat when I was doing mine... the long and short of it is, if you rename it you need to christen it upon slashdown, referring to the old name and introducing the new name to the Lake (or body of water), with the first drink spilled on the bow allowing it to run off in the water, and the rest to go around for captain and crew. This will appease the gods, so they won't strike you with bad luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

On 1/29/2017 at 3:49 PM, Capt Vince Pierleoni said:

Sweet ride. If it helps, most of the Charter boats and tourney rigs on Lake O have been renamed. You can pretty much rule that concern out. Bananas onboard however, don't even think of messing with that. Good luck! 

Agree! we purchased our boat this year as the third owners. We put the 3rd name change to her and all we did was catch fish. No issues. On the flip side we did do the renaming ceremony lol. 

Remember to K I S S  it  keep it simple so the radio calls are not to complicated ?   I recall a boat back in the 1980's that would make you laugh every radio call , a real tongue twister.

18 minutes ago, Paul gee said:

If you are interested when you decide on the name, I cut vinyl graphics I can do up some samples for ya

Sent from my VS985 4G using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Excellent do you have a website? I have been searching last few days. fonts, , colors, shadows.