a tom mik trolling spoons.

My wife has been on a "get out of debt" kick since last year and has not let me spend one wooden nickel on fishing equipment. a few weeks ago she forgot to snap the clamp shut on the free slider so everyone say bye-bye to daddys favorite spoon. so she is "letting" me order one fly / spoon combo from a tom mik. i have never ordered from them before, and i ONLY GET ONE. so how about some advice as to which one for salmon from now until the end of the year? i'll get more in the spring.

StormFront, TELL her you "need" a minimal part of the budget to keep your sanity. All work and no play doesn't bode well for your health or your marriage. If that don't work, then go to plan B like dieselhp said. Face it man, you're a fisherman, you'll always be in debt. :D

i already have 2 hammer flys. i should have been more clear, i am not going on the lake with one spoon and one fly ONLY. i already have some. i just get to buy one new one. the only thing i have on a tom mik site is the hammer. so OTHER THAN THE HAMMER, which one would you buy if you could only buy one? i think thats a much better way to ask my question. all your comments are pretty funny though. here is another question, my paycheck is direct deposit into our joint accout. the "secret money stash" isn't a bad idea, but where do you get the money to put into the secret stash? bottle returns? anyone want to buy some salmon that was caught on a hammer fly?

Are you getting a flasher too or just a fly? my fav is a green crush pro troll with a green crinkle fly. As for where the stash comes from my check is direct deposit to but only 40 hours so overtime comes in a check that get skimmed alittle before deposit . shhhhhh

Green crinkle it is. i am ordering it now. last year i had 2 cannon manual downriggers and this year i bought one electric off ebay. the little lady goes on the boat with me sometimes and asked "last year you told me you were done buying fishing equipment for this boat" "so i was just wondering... howcome last year you had to crank that black thingey to get it out of the water and this year you just press a button?"

busted.

I understand you've ordered the Green Crinkle - a good choice.

When you get the go ahead for "one more", I might suggest the #T100 Skein Machine.

A couple weeks ago, I ran it behind a crushed glow/green e-chip and had a good fish on it within a few minutes of putting it out on the wire dipsey, four times in a row... Including a 12# Steelie, a 16# Laker, and two kings, one at 14#. It was ON FIRE and unbelieveable how fast it was generating the bites across different species.

JAM

Hank, i appreciate the advice but, are you nuts? by now that woman knows so much about trolling equipment that she could work R&D for cannon. the woman that used to call the downrigger "the black thingey" now says "you used to run 12lb weights, standing here on the porch and looking at the boat thats at least 50 yards away, it looks like those are at least 15lbs. where did you get them? and did they come with the new medium action releases that are hanging just above them? i was reading your lake ontario united thing and someone said they use rubber bands for releases. how much do releases cost because i know how much rubber bands cost? i do really like salmon though and its $8.99 a pound at wegmans. i added the cost of the boat, equipment, gas, and beer and we are only spending $450 a pound for salmon so it really is a good deal."

at least she's hot.

Ahso, now I understand. If you are looking to spread out for the least cost, seems you have green flies covered with the Hammer. Go white glow or Little Boy Blue so you have a wider range of options versus being Mr. Green Jeans. Some days they like green, and some days they like white. White glow usually does well at sun up and dusk and deep during the day.

the "secret money stash" isn't a bad idea, but where do you get the money to put into the secret stash? bottle returns?

FOR MEN ONLY :!:

Get practical...keep the change. Buy her something (often) for under, but close to a buck. Make sure the sales tax takes it over a buck. Pay for it with two singles, then stash the change. Surprise her with a candy bar or bag of M&Ms now & again. She gets a treat & you get a treat...Don't laugh, it works. It's funny how some wives will count every bill in your wallet but won't touch the change jar. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

If that doesn't work try this line: "But honey, it's something we can do together."

or

"But honey, I wanted you to try this hot lure first."

If it's any consolation, Fishing is still a lot cheaper than therapy. ;):lol::lol:

Tom B.

(LongLine)

How I get my stash is when I get money out, before the wife counts it I either put the rest I have in my wallet into the stash or give a 20 to the stash or I say i needed gas and that's where all my money went. I have a 60 mile round trip to work so far she hasn't questioned the gas money.

Or I worked as an observer for one of the pro ams and put that money away, I actually told her about that.