Autochart Live!!

I just picked up a new graph for the bow as I anxiously wait for the first Saturday in May to arrive and it has the autochart Live feature. This is all new to me and I am trying grasp the concept of it before I get on the water this year. I have watched a few videos on it and doesn't seem that difficult. Anyone have any luck or advice with it?

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

I have used the humminbird feature on my helix 10 for one season. After using this you will throw your navionics charts in the garbage. If your a troller you will immediately see the advantages. For your casting you will have to spend a little more time charting, but it also has it's advantages.
After you have spent some time generating your chart of a body of water I have found that when coupled with your side imaging graph it enables you to really nail down prime holding spots for whatever species your targeting. Money well spent in my opinion. Not to mention the fact that your now able to map bodies of water that previously had no chart. Have fun, your going to love it.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

John I have the autochart pro program for the ac live. You will want one of the autochart programs. Without that you can record and use only 8 hrs of recordings. This would be fine if your just trying to map a certain area and then erase it and start over someplace else.
So far I haven't used the extra features that the pro program offers. But to me it's worth the extra 100 if your going to put the time in recording sonar and creating bottom hardness maps and such.
Thid is a different process than recording data points w ac live.

I believe that if you only want to create contour maps using ac live the autochart program will work fine for you. I still recommend calling humminbird customer service. It's typically a long wait but it's the best way to get your questions accurately answered. Their phone number is 1-800-633-1468

Im looking for a new ff , been looking at the helic 10 with the new mega scan , i believe it does what you guys are tslking about but its a little out of my price range , anyone have suggestions ,

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G730A using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I'm not knocking Humminbird units by any means, but don't overlook Garmins units. They have a similar feature as Autochart Live and it's call Quickdraw Contours. I'm extremely happy with mine. I also take the maps I create in the boat on the ice with me. It's been a game changer.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• 2 weeks later...