erieboy

Hi

Been out of circulation for a couple of years, not jail. Lost my son and just didn't bother with anything and just decided to quit work and retire. Trying to get back into the sport and getting my head into a positive mode. Spent some time cleaning up the hoards of fishing tackle and rod building stuff and will be thinning it out soon, sell the house and move on and start again

Met some good people here in 2013/14 and hope to reconnect.

Absolutely Erieboy, it was this sight that kept me going more than once. Lost my dad to cancer. He was my best friend also, plus a partner in our business our last name is "Frey" and our business name was  F&F starter&alternator. A few years later I fell off a ladder that was up at the second story and landed on a air conditioning unit. I thought I could jump over it well that didn't work, I ended up with a busted off spine just above my waistline. Long story short many many days in the hospital and rehab, not knowing if I would walk again or how far I'd be able to walk. LOU made it possible for me to interact with the guys and the sport. So hang tough!! Think positive!! Your mind is a powerful tool. Get yourself active in the sport and surround yourself with positive people.  Good to see ya back!!  Pap

I agree I have to get into a positive mode, I am surrounded by positive and upbeat people so they help. Stared to work part time at 4 hours a week doing consulting again for an oil company who I worked for in Alberta. Selling the house and moving on but staying in Ontario.

• 1 month later...

Hey Marine, remember how tough you are!! You can beat this shyt!! Keep your head up and marching foreward. There's many folks out there thanking you for your service!! Now prove to us you can pull through this!! It will be a hard uphill battle but that's nothing you haven't endured. :muscle: keep fishing best therapy I had during times of tough. I sat on a few docks and log rolled in boats until my therapy brought me around, to be able to walk without a devise to aid me. LOU is fuel for the brain!!:ninja: