Pheasants?

Pheasants?

Does anybody know of any public land me and my young lab can use to kick up some pheasant? I live in Rochester but have no problem traveling to find some. Any advice would be a big help considering I have only hunted pheasant farms. (Gets expensive fast) help a rookie out!

http://www.dec.ny.gov/outdoor/9349.html

This is the link to the NYSDEC list of release sites. My personal favorites are Tonawanda and oak orchard. However this late in the season it's probably hit and miss weather the DEC is releasing birds. They only had like 30000 birds this year. Anyway we had a lot of luck at Tonawanda and oak. Good luck

P.s. they stock on Tuesdays and Thursdays at Tonawanda and oak orchard. Pheasant hunting is closed on those days.

And into the forest I go

to lose my mind and find my soul

They only stock pheasants for the first couple of weeks of the season, there are a few remaining pheasants here and there though. Like others said probably best spot is Tonawanda and oak orchard with Iroquois NWR between them. Iroquois needs a permit but all it is a piece of paper you sign and keep with you. Lots of spots to hunt. A friend of mine works at Iroquois and he saw a pheasant just the other day.