Handmade Goby Trolling Lure

MarkNY

Handmade Goby Trolling Lure

Been working on some goby lures. Completely handmade, handcarved, I make the rattles too. These dive 3-4' and have a nice wobble. They are loud with the rattles. I tested a prototype a couple years ago and caught fish right off the bat with them. Looking forward to testing these soon. I don't think I'll be able to drop below a 15lb flouro leader!

IMG_1385.JPG

• Like 1

Excellent job on them Mark.....VERY cool!:yes: Nothing like the experience of making your own tackle and having it come out real well.

Excellent body profile, not to mention the knock out paint scene, I wish you you the best, as it's not an overnight deal to make a functioning lure. Lots of ups and downs till totally satisfied!!

Thanks for the replies guys. Most people ask how long it takes to make them. Tough to judge because I do everything in multiples and stages but I timed myself with a similar bait and cut out, carved and sanded it in less than an hour. Not too bad. Once I get some solid designs dialed in I'm gonna make a mold and start casting them out of resin. Then I can form the body, ballast and wire all in about 10 minutes! Here is some alewife baits I've been working on. We caught kings on some of these a couple years ago. Mark 

IMG_1359.JPG

IMG_1404.JPG

• Like 1

I'll 2nd the above poster. I've been at it with a airbrush, I'm getting the knack of the base colors so that the rest of the colors work together. But your work is amazing to say the least. The hardner and clear coat is amazing also!! Congrats to your effort put forth. Keep us posted. One other thing is the bill made out of what they call circuit board material? Very nicely incorporated in to the lure.  :yes:

Thanks for the comments guys. Appreciate it. Pap, yes that is circuit board material. It's great stuff. Here is a crankbait inspired by the chicken wing spoon. That has been my best spoon over the years in the flx so I had to make a hardbait version! Mark

IMG_1424.JPG

OH yea that will take a few eyes for sure. My best spoon ever is the chicken wing, I have them by Stinger and in a super slim spoon. I'm going to make that color on a bigger spoon like NK or something to that size

• 1 month later...