Chaumont launches

I fish chaumont several times a year, launch at the Henderson public launch(free) and run out ! There is some great fishing on the way over to the bay and if the wind is up there is always a place to get out of it . There has been days when I planned to fish there but hit fish on the way over and just stayed on them.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Thanks final flight. I do know Henderson... Maybe I should've stated I have a cottage outside Sackets and am looking for ways to get out by trailer when the wind isn't cooperating for a troll out deep, in H bay, or BRB. We all know the Lady can get nasty, especially those days you have it all planned out! [emoji23]

Chaumont has a state launch, if your coming from Black River way you go past a Napa store go over a bridge keep looking to the lake side, you'll see a sign pointing towards the launch. I don't know what size boat you have I put my 22ft cuddy in there. It's not a launch with all the bells and whistles, get your boar out into the water as far as possible, keep trimmed up till your into your comfort zone, keep to the left of the orange cones till the end of them. It's not a deep launch, they have lots of parking. I just looked it up, it's 2 miles west of Chaumont bay of RT 12 can hold 100 trucks & trailers. Hope this helps.  PAP

Edited by pap

I have a cottage on chaumont i would recommend trailering to the state launch or go out of long point state park it's a long run from Henderson and if you get caught in some nasty weather it would be a nasty miserable ride back across. I fish Stoney and Galloo the summer months with my 23' fiberglass and it can get rough with just a slight breeze.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I have a cottage on chaumont i would recommend trailering to the state launch or go out of long point state park it's a long run from Henderson and if you get caught in some nasty weather it would be a nasty miserable ride back across. I fish Stoney and Galloo the summer months with my 23' fiberglass and it can get rough with just a slight breeze.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Thanks Chas0218. My place is outside Sackets. Looking for different semi-protected water when the wind isn't letting me get out deep on the days I am allowed out! [emoji23].

If your ever looking for someone to fish with or don't mind showing me around chaumont, let me know. I'm a teacher and make it up there for about half the summer weeks and some weekends spring/fall.

If this is the same place, we found it by accident, it's before the public launch its a blacktop parking lot on your left heading towards Chaumont, we just happened to see new blacktop and drove down there, in the heat of the summer it was windy as all hell just driving around looking for a bit better of a launch and spotted this one. There was nobody around so we launched out of the state park, as Chas mentioned. If this is the same as hidden harbor that's a good name for it. It appeared like a one boat at a time deal, but so is the Chaumont launch. Is this the right place Perchjerk Jim??? I'm sure there's a launch fee? But it might be worth it when the water is down.

Do any locals know where I'm talking about, it would put you into the same area a the Chaumont launch I would assume up towards the bridge more, and the opposite side of the Chaumont launch? The parking lot was painted for truck & trailer slots??

3 minutes ago, lost a lure said:

I think that is a private launch for that group of houses. It's on the road to Independence Point.

I was wondering about that, wonder why they painted the parking spots. I'll check it out once we get up for browns. It would be sweet if it was open to the public, but that remains to be seen.