Late winter/early spring lakers

Last year when Gambler was selling his tourney winning Riggs I bought about every color I think but 2 or 3, I'm pumped to fish for these babys, I want to become consistent at it so when my daughters can come up I can put them on lakers to keep them interested in the sport. They love to fish can't wait to go. I see with them both turning 12 this years old on the 18th of this month. They are growing up before my very own eyes. It Won't be long and I'll be second fiddle. My hats off to gambler for making these bad ass Riggs these are something every lake trout fisherman should have in there arsenal for lakers!!

I plan on picking some up this spring I just started using cowbells last spring and then I picked up a set of hammer heads and made a similar spin and glows as gamblers however next time I'm definitely buying his rigs its far cheaper and can get better colors than cutting down attomik flies and adding a spin and glow

Last year when Gambler was selling his tourney winning Riggs I bought about every color I think but 2 or 3, I'm pumped to fish for these babys, I want to become consistent at it so when my daughters can come up I can put them on lakers to keep them interested in the sport. They love to fish can't wait to go. I see with them both turning 12 this years old on the 18th of this month. They are growing up before my very own eyes. It Won't be long and I'll be second fiddle. My hats off to gambler for making these bad ass Riggs these are something every lake trout fisherman should have in there arsenal for lakers!!

Good luck with your twins, when my daughters were twelve, it didn't take them very long to turn from being twelve to into twelve going on thirty.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

3 hours ago, rolmops said:

Good luck with your twins, when my daughters were twelve, it didn't take them very long to turn from being twelve to into twelve going on thirty.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

LOL, Rolmops I can plainly see this coming, their going to be 12 but they know all the makeup smear and talk like little adults. Their vocabulary is incredible, and I can not lie, their getting a little attitude every now and then :lol: dad has to get them out of trouble with mom every now and then, but I let mom put her foot down when it's serious stuff!! Then I'm the bad guy. :bandit: LOL

On 2/12/2017 at 7:11 PM, suttontroller94 said:

Thanks everyone just kind of had a hunch because last March when I was out up there, there were other boats working that 20- 30ft range with riggers and dipsys and looked like short cores and flatlines. Wasn't sure if they we just targeting Browns deeper or if fishing for Lakers too. Didn't figure browns because the way we were hammering them In the shallows

Was a few guys on here few weeks ago during break in weather that were catching browns in 8-20'. A couple in our area and in buffalo.  Warmer pockets were key outta bear creek. All were using shallow sticks. All reported break offs as well stating they though it might be laker or steely based on how they were peeling drag. Based on that, actual reports and recent reports, might want to start shallow. Just my op