Wanted Flybridge Fishing Boat

xracer4844

What is his budget and how far are you willing to travel ? Strictly freshwater or is a saltwater boat ok ? Diesel or gas powered ?  More for cruising/entertaining or fishing ?  Filling in some of the blanks may expand or narrow your search if you want feedback from LOU people.  www.iboats.com    www.boattrader.com     www.thehulltruth.com  all have a good selection of boats in there classified or for sale forums. Craigslist in Ohio and Michigan ,Hudson Valley in NY and make sure you check off nearby areas when you get to the actual boat page. These are better sources than local Craigslist, again depending on how far you want to haul the boat back from, Blackwatch/Phoenix/Bertram/Hatteras/Rampage/Blackfin/Topaz/Henriques/Ocean Yachts/Luhrs/Viking are some of the major players in what you are looking for. 

Edited by Bozeman Bob

Highly recommend taking a look at a luhrs down in watkins glen. 340 luhrs fisherman. Never fished. Beautiful boat for entertaining and fishing. It was my dock neighbor. Meticulously maintained and cared for... if you'd like more info pm me.

Making your stories, Reel Stories, since 2011!!

15 hours ago, Bozeman Bob said:

What is his budget and how far are you willing to travel ? Strictly freshwater or is a saltwater boat ok ? Diesel or gas powered ?  More for cruising/entertaining or fishing ?  Filling in some of the blanks may expand or narrow your search if you want feedback from LOU people.  www.iboats.com    www.boattrader.com     www.thehulltruth.com  all have a good selection of boats in there classified or for sale forums. Craigslist in Ohio and Michigan ,Hudson Valley in NY and make sure you check off nearby areas when you get to the actual boat page. These are better sources than local Craigslist, again depending on how far you want to haul the boat back from, Blackwatch/Phoenix/Bertram/Hatteras/Rampage/Blackfin/Topaz/Henriques/Ocean Yachts/Luhrs/Viking are some of the major players in what you are looking for. 

Thanks! These are the boats I have already been searching for, Ocean Yachts, Viking, Hatteras, Luhrs, and even some of the older trojans have the lines that he is looking for. My mother in law isn't big on fishing...so the issue is buying a boat large enough and comfortable enough for her and my wife while we fish. Personally, I've always wanted an 11m trojan or a 36 open tiara...however, my mother in law wants a salon. She doesn't want to go "down below"...which is why this style of boat with a fly bridge is preferred. 

2 hours ago, lakebound88 said:

Highly recommend taking a look at a luhrs down in watkins glen. 340 luhrs fisherman. Never fished. Beautiful boat for entertaining and fishing. It was my dock neighbor. Meticulously maintained and cared for... if you'd like more info pm me.

I live in ontario about 30 minutes away from the border. Is there any ad posted for this boat? Price? Photos? Contact info? Would be very interested if it falls into budget...

8 hours ago, lakebound88 said:

Like stated above, on craigslist in elmira, ny. Very nice boat. Eager to sell. He's got a new one in sight, they are stepping down from a bridge to a cruiser.

are these hrs correct or new fresh, motors, ??

I also found a F36 in Detroit for 24,000 - Silverton 40' Convertible with 512 hours on the engines for 44,900 in Port Clinton Ohio. The Silver seems to have a bigger fighting area along with more fishing electronics on her than the Egg along with it being about 35,000 less. You can buy a lot of gas and storage fee's for that kind of coin difference. The Eggs engine compartment is clean enough to eat off of and I love the teak along with the salon and sleeping quarters. There is also a 1984 35' Viking for 39.900 in Detroit that looks immaculate as well.    www.yachtsurvey.com   does a review on a Viking 43 and raves about the workmanship in Viking boat. Most times a mfg lineup is made with the same quality control throughout its fleet, that would be a boat worth looking at IMHO. When your searching  Craigs if you just punch in Flybridge  you may come up with more of a selection than just putting in the Mfg name. Or do both along with searching the nearby areas of the city you are on.

Edited by Bozeman Bob