Shark Flasher

bout time

I recently ordered some new shark flashers to try this year. When I received them I was not impressed with their finishes and differences between same exact flashers. I emailed Shark as well as sent a FB message (which they read) but received no reply back. Below is what my message was to them

"just ordered some flashers online. They came in and look good but out of 5 ordered 3 have different finishes.

I ordered 3 money shot 2 are identical and the third is missing the eye and has only green dot on one side and on back it's has black green and orange dots.

I also ordered 2 high voltage. One has an eye on it and the other doesn't. Also one is frosted white finish and the other a UV type.

Is this normal to have such different finishes and colors on the same exact flashers ?"

These are minor differences but very noticeable. Like stated above, 2 of the money shot have eyes, green dots painted over black on both sides and the third is green only on one side with the other side having orange, black and green and no eye.

On the 2 high voltage, similar issues one eye and one not, one is clearly a frosted white and the other a UV type.

Was wondering if anyone else has had similar experiences with Shark flashers? While they are not show stoppers it was definitely not the product quality I expected. I almost always buy in person but thought I'd try these, lesson learned perhaps.

Disclaimer- this is not a Bash on Shark as I run their weights and am very impressed and a satisfied customer on that aspect

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I know I have bought custom lures from Bay Rat & FLT  and spoke to both about slight but noticeable differences in the same pattern. I was told It is impossible to make hand painted lures identical when they are made in several different batches at many times. I would be concerned if no one gets back to you about your concern! JMO

Received a reply from Shark today

"Hi Mike,
Thank you for your order and your interest in our flashers! We just introduced them to the market last July after a few years of prototype testing. We are still perfecting our techniques on our finishes. Each one is hand painted so they are not all exactly alike. I do not know what happened to those eyes. I will check with our supplier of eyes and make sure the adhesion on them works well with the type of stickers we use. No one else has mentioned these issues. I appreciate you bringing this to my attention.
Good Fishing!
Suzanne
Shark Trolling Products"

It is kind of what we figured but just wanted to update everyone they did reply to me

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• 3 months later...

Take it how ever you like but this is my opinion and this what i do. I like ed and his products and this is in no way meant to bash him either but if you are going to sell a product to the masses and advertise it and take pics of it to show people that better be what you are selling. Don't tell me about perfecting a product save it for your pro staff team (product testers) thats what they are there for not a paying customer. As for the paint yes not every single one is alike but there is no excuse to have different colors that what is pictured. As for the missing eyes again maybe somewhere along the line somebody missed a step but there is no excuse for it. I would ask something be done about it or take your business elsewhere or buy from the local shops where you won't get screwed.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United