Magda 20 question

moonfish

You may find that the knob positions the spool in the direction of the spools axis.  If it is favoring too tight, the line will bunch up on the right side of the spool and too loose will bunch up on the left.

31 minutes ago, youp50 said:

You may find that the knob positions the spool in the direction of the spools axis.  If it is favoring too tight, the line will bunch up on the right side of the spool and too loose will bunch up on the left.

Thanks for tip !

3 hours ago, suttontroller94 said:

Not to hijack your tread but Make sure you check it occasionally because they do vibrate loose. Does anyone know where to get a replacement?

TunasReelTroubles.com will have those

best use of that nob is to set it so that when real is in free spool with clicker switched off you can pay out line to desired distance without backlash .when sending out a dipsy use the clicker and thumb the spool until you reach the desired distance .

1 hour ago, hard knox said:

best use of that nob is to set it so that when real is in free spool with clicker switched off you can pay out line to desired distance without backlash .when sending out a dipsy use the clicker and thumb the spool until you reach the desired distance .

Thank you

• 1 year later...

I always set the knob just loose enough so that any flasher, dispsey, etc. when the knob is loosened just enough the line will free fall to the deck of the boat with whatever I have on the terminal end of the line.  That is without the clicker on.  Just saves wear and tear on the reel. 

As for spooling out divers, I set the line tension so it takes a firm  but smooth tug to pull the line out via a light drag.  After setting that I always crank the handle of the reel half way around and check it again.  Takes all the play out of the drag and spool and makes the drag just work better.  

Edited by longbow
  • Like 1

It adjusts the tension on the spool. If you want it to free spoil slower, tighten the knob. If you want it to free spool slower, loosen the knob.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

I believe it's called a cast control cap, for the purposes mentioned by everyone above.  I lost one off of a Convector 30 and ordered a replacement from Tuna Tom.  You can also find them on Ebay.  A very common replacement part.