battery placement

Jakob5pennies

battery placement

I have a 191 starcraft Islander . as we all know they have a huge bowrise, i placed 200 lb of weight in the nose helped was thinking if i remove the weight and placed the 2 batteries up front is this to far from the motor or ok plus would like to add a 9.9 hp trolling motor but now i feel it is unsafe as the bow rise is huge any ideas on a fix thank you

Your starting motor on your engine has a high amperage draw so make sure the cables are heavy enough for the greater distance. The pounding of your boat up front can damage the plates on your Marine Battery but they are designed for pounding but usually they are mounted in the stern for the shortest cable lengths.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

If your going to run batteries up front, I'd go with agm batteries, but hold on to your hat when you go to the cashier. I run two yellow tops they are start/trolling batteries. I have them mounted just before the cuddy starts. There's a little cabinet/makeshift type sink, I use these to run electronics, light bar. I have a cable run to them off the all batteries on my selecter switch. When traveling over the water making a longer trips I charge them up with my alternater. But use battery charger at the docks, to restore the surface charge a good 2amp charge for a few hrs.

Edited by pap