New 8" Hot Spot Flasher colours

I was told to keep this a secret but since the colours already came out in an article in GLA it's not much of a secret anymore. Presntly they're only available in Michigan, Wisconsin & Minnesota but the LakeO boys will have them next year. I've had a chance to try them out & had good success with them along with some of the boys I've given a few to try out. What I like about them is the glow white on one side & coloured tape on the opposite side. So in fact the only thing I've had to do is change the fly colour from glow to a bright finish & keep it down all day.HotSpotNewFlashers001.jpg

Blue Bubble, Green Mountain Dew, Mountain Dew, Yellow Mountain Dew

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

It's all about Pro Staff/rep's/marketing ideas/locations targeted/distribution availability, etc. etc.

I used many Hot Spot attractors from later 80's till mid 90's, they were 1 attractor we usually did not leave the dock without especially catering to our meat presentations

Times change, some trends fade, new ideas and products fill the gaps

We were re-vived somewhat with the re-introduction of metal type flashers used for another art when we started running them with flies in early 00's. That as well took a back seat when the use of the 8" ruddered Pro Trolls became commonplace. Spin Doctors were then offered in a multitude of color schemes and IMO (*talking eastern basin) outsold them all. Also many others that some anglers consider go-to rigs.

These new flavors of Hot Spots are new from Hot Spot (to some), in Johns area they may be totally new. As Brian referenced these colors have already been established and even proven in our neck of the woods. I know I have all of them on my boat, He He He

Odd sort of fact is each would all have their time probably anywhere, each out-fishing another possibly at any time. I am sure John has never really veered far from center when targeting Kings with his favorite attractors. I even recall a conversation 6 to 7 years ago with a certain rep named Malcome at a trade show quoting that he had a guy who could make his attractors catch Kings on his Hot Spots. Quite possibly he meant Mr. Foley. LOL

Really all that matters is that they all are running A-TOM-MIK's behind them

I heard John was selling his Howie's and will be back to runnnig A-TOM-MIK's soon

8)8)8)8)8)8)8)

Tom