1 hour ago, suttontroller94 said:

Bear creek status

Anyone know of bear creek launch is usable? Plan on fishing Saturday but live 2hrs away. Thanks in advance

You do know you have to pay a fee for the day to the town and they only accept payment by mail ?

thats not true you can pay at the rec center which is on knickerbocker road and they accept credit they are open on saturdays but I dont know how early my schedule means I usually dont get out till after 8.  launch fee was 5$ last year.  you can also buy a season pass at the town hall.  just know the plate number of your tow vehicle. its a decent launch but if there is any roll out of the north or north west it can get interesting especially early season before the dock is in.

18 minutes ago, ifishy said:

thats not true you can pay at the rec center which is on knickerbocker road and they accept credit they are open on saturdays but I dont know how early my schedule means I usually dont get out till after 8.  launch fee was 5$ last year.  you can also buy a season pass at the town hall.  just know the plate number of your tow vehicle. its a decent launch but if there is any roll out of the north or north west it can get interesting especially early season before the dock is in.

Oh ! Thanks for info. The description on town website doesn't mention paying at rec center. Still have to provide car/boat registration ?

1 hour ago, suttontroller94 said:

Well that's a bummer anyone know of any other options?

Go to rec center town of Ontario, get hrs they are open and pay for day. I would call them first to make sure when they are open because not all web sites are up to date. Or launch out of Irondequoit bay or sodus. I-Bay is 11.3 miles west of bear creek but sodus is closer to bear creek. Where are you travelling from ?

Edited by moonfish

Just need the tow vehicle plate number you can get the pass ahead of time as well plan for late morning this time of year that works fine and if Bear is a no go pick a direction and work your way down I bay has the bridge in but if your boat isn't to high you can get under

Sent from my XT1080 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

nice bag some good size on those two I'm itching to get the boat ready but have to wait at least 2 more weeks for other reasons.  I spent some time on a trib today and did some decent browns but mostly i spent the day working on the trolling gear.  lake had nice color to it but looked a bit choppy this afternoon.