SI / DI sonar best for under $1000

ReelDiel3

SI / DI sonar best for under $1000

Really don't want to spend more then $1000. I don't really need mapping as I have a unit for that currently. Cabelas has some good deals on HDS Gen 2. Strictly for the dash, I do like lowrance wireless as I can run a screen off the tablet. 7 to 9 inch screen is a must. I like the elite ti-9 and the $1000 unit by Garmin. I fish for everything troll and cast - obviously screen resolution is important.

what do you guys recommend?? Thanks!

The Lowrance Gen-2 is not wifi. To get wifi and being able to view it and control it with a tablet you need a Gen-3 or the excellent Elite Ti that comes in 5-7-9 and soon in 12''. 

Touch screen, wifi, bluetooth, 2D, Chirp, downscan and structure scan with the Totalscan transducer. Can't be beat for the price & quality.

With the latest update you can also create you're own map live on the screen if you are running a Navionics card with a recent subscription.

Edited by wallyandre

BassPro has a 7 inch Garmin Echomap on sale for $499 which has SI/DI.  It comes with Garmin maps.  1 foot contours for Lake Ontario.  I have a 7 inch and 9 inch in my boat.  They use the same mount, transducer, and cables so I can swap out their positions from the front or the helm.