Seneca Sampson

Sampson

I was down at the marina today to check out the condition of the launch ramp. dock looked warped and rotten. Water level in marina was low. Not a boat on the lake. I walked around the marina to check the condition of the place. This place is looking very deplorable to dock a boat hear. I wonder how long the state will keep this marina open. If we don’t see some improvement soon I don’t think this place will survive another winter. All the years I have been coming here this is the worst condition I have seen this marina. The new high class cabins are coming along nicely but the park roads took another set back from another winter. I got to get my buddy to get his boat out soon before I get snowed in. Today looked nice to be out there. High 63. 8 inches of snow the other day is almost gone now. What a screwy winter here. Over 100 inches of snow. I wonder what march will bring. My bees were out today looking for food. I had them up at the house looking for a snack. I think I will put out some feed for them tomorrow. Very strong hives for this time of year. Buds on the trees already.

I see no problem launching a 21ft boat. Be careful walking on the dock and securing your boat to the dock. The docks need major repair. You can see a lot when the marina is empty. Its time to fix this place or close it up. Safety first.

I almost fell through one of the docks late last Fall while checking things out. It is truly a shame that the place has deteriorated to this condition. At Seneca Lake State park at the north end at least they have done some dock repair in places. The state is VERY short sighted in how they spend their money. Those cabins although nice are a good example...the money should have gone toward improvement of the marina. I think they must be smoking weed if they think some private outfit is going to come in and make the improvements and then turn over the inthe future to them:(

Edited by Sk8man

The marina will never rack up enough revenue to cover the costs of repairs, would take over 50 years. And tats probably a number I've heard with every slip rented out.. not happening. Until then. I'll enjoy my slip there. Then find someplace else to go.

Making your stories, Reel Stories, since 2011!!

All this place needs is a little dredging minor patch up around the marina and weed control and we could bring back the boaters. People have complained about the conditions of this marina now for 25 years. The state could care less. They drove out the boaters here. I use to keep my boat here too. The slip on the far north west corner. It sits now empty with weeds and a rotten dock. Who do you blame. Not the people that keep their boats here. The state. The slip you have your boat in now has change owners about 3 times the last 25 years. We saw this problem coming. Nothing got done about it because nobody cares. This is the best area on the lake to have a nice marina. We have some of the best fishing on the lake too. You don’t have to travel very far to find fish. A lake this size needs a marina in its mid section. We have the campground to bring in the people too. Fix the marina and boaters will come back and rent a slip. The campground is going down the same road too. This area needs a lot of money. Look what they did. Build 10 high class cabins so the people can come from all around the state to sip a little wine here. We sure have a bunch of stupid politicians in our state. All they know is tax the balls off the people. I had a post up about Allegheny state park with all the money they put in this park. There not done yet. They plan to put in over 10 million to dredge red house lake and build a new dam there too. This is tax payers money. What kind of money do they draw there to justify the cost for this project. Just campers. Somebody is playing politics here. Its time we all wake up and take a good look at all of them. If other areas of the state can get money we should too. A marina and campground pays for itself.

All this place needs is a little dredging minor patch up around the marina and weed control and we could bring back the boaters. People have complained about the conditions of this marina now for 25 years. The state could care less. They drove out the boaters here. I use to keep my boat here too. The slip on the far north west corner. It sits now empty with weeds and a rotten dock. Who do you blame. Not the people that keep their boats here. The state. The slip you have your boat in now has change owners about 3 times the last 25 years. We saw this problem coming. Nothing got done about it because nobody cares. This is the best area on the lake to have a nice marina. We have some of the best fishing on the lake too. You don’t have to travel very far to find fish. A lake this size needs a marina in its mid section. We have the campground to bring in the people too. Fix the marina and boaters will come back and rent a slip. The campground is going down the same road too. This area needs a lot of money. Look what they did. Build 10 high class cabins so the people can come from all around the state to sip a little wine here. We sure have a bunch of stupid politicians in our state. All they know is tax the balls off the people. I had a post up about Allegheny state park with all the money they put in this park. There not done yet. They plan to put in over 10 million to dredge red house lake and build a new dam there too. This is tax payers money. What kind of money do they draw there to justify the cost for this project. Just campers. Somebody is playing politics here. Its time we all wake up and take a good look at all of them. If other areas of the state can get money we should too. A marina and campground pays for itself.

I agree, you would think so. The state park marina in waterloo, the physical condition of the marina blows sampson out of the water. I really enjoy the sampson area for fishing and just recreational boating.. I honestly can get a nice new dock in watkins with cable TV and better private restrooms for the same price, but I still choose sampson because I enjoy it. People will do the same if they were to make the slips worth while. Weeds around our dock is not too bad. The north end of the marina is the worst. Low boat traffic doesn't help. The 5 slips near us, weeds are minimal due to the fact we USE our boats. I would love to see something change...

Nick

There is another launch mid lake... Lodi point... It sucks getting out of there but... Its another launch mid lake... I hate launching there... South wind pushes you in faster then you want.

A lot of the docks are rusting out at Sampson... I don't think they could patch the ones that are real bad... Some of the side walk for the sea wall is starting to tilt meaning the base is eroding away... Stuff like that cost big big $$$.

Sent from my VS425PP using Lake Ontario United mobile app

if  governor Cuomo vows not to stop illegal immigration / travel ban . federal funds will be with held for New York State . the money is going to come from some place the first thing to go will be funding for recreation state parks across the state . We the people , yeah right . 

if  governor Cuomo vows not to stop illegal immigration / travel ban . federal funds will be with held for New York State . the money is going to come from some place the first thing to go will be funding for recreation state parks across the state . We the people , yeah right . 

I don't think they could get the Fed funding, that's why they were looking for a private buyer? I might be wrong.

I don't think they could get the Fed funding, that's why they were looking for a private buyer? I might be wrong.

There's a difference between federal funding and state funding in this situation, he means that the stuff NYS has fed aid with, would be cut off. So all of our state taxes would go to those items that lost funding from feds I believe. That's how I see it.

What we need here is Donald Trump. This guy knows how to do business. He would get us a nice marina and campground for under budget and built on time. Those two woman that came here have no idea whats going on. These two woman like to talk.