Henderson Harbor Charters

fishyboy

Henderson Harbor Charters

I am looking for a good walleye charter out of Henderson for early spring. I would also like to do some brown trout fishing during same trip. Is it possible that some boats will do both.  I'm looking for a captain that will share his knowledge for both species for future trips on my own with my boat.   Thanks

Gene Bolton from Sunken Treasures will put you on the Spring eyes as good or better than anyone outta the Henderson area. Picking up Browns that time of year while Walleye fishing is pretty common and I'm sure he can deploy a few riggers with some spoons or some short leadcores with spoons to get you a good mixed bag.

Better call him tomorrow... usually everyone is pretty well booked in advance for May Walleye trips.

If Gene is booked up, look up Moby Dick Charters... another outfit with generations of fishing knowledge in the Henderson area.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

2 hours ago, pap said:

Get a hold of gene from sunken treasures, I have all his info, be back in a little gotta feed my chickens,

Yea I'm back, me and reelDelemia are going with gene in the first week of June. Genes number is 1-315-486-8463. He's the king on eyes for the NE part of LakeO. We had our reasons for picking our dates, but you might want to call him asap!! You might get his cell but he will get back to you as quickly as possible!!  Good luck and post your pics. We will post our outing with Gene for sure!!

10 hours ago, pap said:

Yea I'm back, me and reelDelemia are going with gene in the first week of June. Genes number is 1-315-486-8463. He's the king on eyes for the NE part of LakeO. We had our reasons for picking our dates, but you might want to call him asap!! You might get his cell but he will get back to you as quickly as possible!!  Good luck and post your pics. We will post our outing with Gene for sure!!

Just got a call from Gene, he beat me to the phone this morning. ReelDeal and I are booked, and pumped to slay some eyes!!  Like others stated better book he's the King on the NE shores of LakeO eyes. We picked our date for a reason, and now it's a waiting game!!!

For Walleye, I'm predicting another tougher year like last year by the looks of things... darn near record low ice coverage and higher than normal lake temps will make the targetted Walleye season very short. Don't blink, you'll miss it. By June they'll be well out in the Summer grounds, dispersed, and tougher to find. The Lake temps will likely climb quickly, making targetting Brown fishing short lived along the shoreline as they also disperse throughout the water column. Last Spring was disappointing for me and these repeat conditions don't have me optimistic. I hope I'm wrong.

On the Flip side, Kings were awesome last year so I guess theres that...

Sent from my SM-G920V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Really hoping for some better spring brown action on our corner of the lake than last year.  As for walleye, we caught considerably more eyes before the season opened trolling for browns than after the walleye opener.  Agree with Devin, it looks to be another similar year.   If this weather keeps up, i think the boat will be coming out of storage sooner than later.  Chomping at the bit to get another season started!