Canandaigua report

copperpin

Canandaigua report

Hit it yesterday with the 12 to 15 other boats out there.  Struuugglled to say the least.  Fished mostly the 20' range.  Met a guy and his kid in a small blue green row boat, can't remember his LOU name Id like to find out how he made out.  I was in the red Lund.  Send me PM.

Edited by copperpin

Hey Mike. I was wondering if that was you out there. We were in the 21 ft. Penn Yan but stayed away from the crowd.  We didn't see anyone doing anything despite all the boats. We fished many spots from 10-60 ft of water and only caught 7  perch all day. My hands are still thawing out:lol:  We never saw any perch searching the shallows either....seems a lot like Seeneca out there now.

You know Les, I kinda thought that was you driving by us, when I saw the Penn Yan.  I was gonna wave but ...oh well next time.  Not that I am happy that you did so poorly but at least I don't feel like a clueless moron.  I am just hoping it was the sun the messed things up.  I would be interested to know how all the other guys did.  It didn't seem like they were hauling them in left and right either.    Probably gonna pound out some tomorrow or Thurs in Lake O 

nice job.  We got a couple on plastics but the other few came on fatheads.  We will regroup and go back probably next when it starts to warm up again.  Are you hard anchoring or drifting

Edited by copperpin
add info

• 1 month later...

Alone far from that out there. was maybe 35 trailers there sunday. What i say on here is to help others have an enjoyable day . Maybe take there families fishing and catch some fish. Please dont tell me about cyber scouters . its not news there are lots of perch in canandaguia. i enjoy helping others catch fish as much as anything. People that try to keep it all to there self are not my type. 

• 2 months later...

update on the perch situation i have confirmed vhs on several fish. this is not good and i have only seen it on the perch no other species.please do your best if you see it to remove the fish from the lake and bury them. 1 month ago i caught first 1 last night we boated 8 out of 30 fish with vhs its spreading quickly.large red sores on the side of the fish.i was also told that it is perfectly ok to eat the fish with the sores.

Just wondering how you confirmed that it was VHS.  Could it be another fish disease?  The DEC has only mentioned VHS in gobies in Cayuga but does not mention Canandaigua.  I would hate to think that another fish kill will happen in Canandaigua.  

large sores  present on the side of fish  thought a month ago fish was unique and something attacked it 2 weeks ago saw dead perch floating caught 3 more with sours and now many have the sores i figure we will see a good number of dead fish floating soon. I have contacted the dec and i will be supplying them with samples to hopefully clear up any confusion but i really think this what is going on. I have read alot about it in the past few days and it supports what im seeing