Sold / Closed 2006 honda 8hp long shaft, pic added

Reel Overtime

2006 honda 8hp long

For sale is a 2006  honda 8 hp, long shaft, remote controls, power tilt,   This was purchased for my boat to use as a kicker but I need an x-long,

motor is in erie pa.  1750$  Sorry but i cannot find the pics I had of this, motor is at marina not here for me to get more..

kicker 1.jpg

kicker 3.jpg

kicker 4.jpg

kicker 5.jpg

kicker 6.jpg

Edited by Reel Overtime
added pic.

That's a pretty good price. I wonder if that would push my 22ft cuddy has 350 merc in it. I'm currently using a 15hp Evinrude 2 stroker. We troll around 2.3-2.5 in 2-3 footers, then fire up the big guy.

I was going to have this mounted on a 26' striper,  it will do fine I just went with a solid mount and now I need a x-long shaft,  this was purchased from a member of this site in the fall, (Rodbuster )was his name..

I bought it, took it to anchor marine, and got the call yesterday, need longer...shaft

Rick

Rick,

Sorry to see it didn't work out.

Pap, this should be fine to push your boat.

While the Crestliner is a lighter boat it would push it just fine. I even used it in 5 ft seas with no issues.

For what is worth I now have a 23 ft parker, and the boat dry is #4200. I have a 9.9 on that one and it works fine.

When you say remote controls, what do the remotes control? The trim. What type of start up is it, meaning pull start or does it have a starter on it, any idea how many hrs are on the motor. As much as it goes against my grain :tmi: I have to admit they build excellent motors, even the overhead valve motors made in the states, aren't as good as those oriental motors.    :lol:All my uncles and my brother was in buisnes for themselves and they all tried the US. Made motors, side by side they all ended up with the Honda's. How does the motor work?. One more question how much does it weigh, I run my Evinrude off my swim platform. I doubled up on all the brackets, I can walk around on it as I do and its pretty damn stable. I made a swim platform bracket like the Adventure marine platform bracket. I was pleased with the outcome!! I'm also going to have my auxiliary steer arm EZ steer for steering. Does the motor have the tiller arm on it yet!!  Sorry for all the questions but I'm very interested. I still have to remember it's 11 years old. PAP!!

This is an electric start, I added more pics that were just sent to me from the marine where the motor is located, I never ran this motor other than to buy it.. It has 500-600 hrs and was not installed on a boat until 2009,  This is only about a100 # motor if you look it up, has a charging system and here is a pic or the controls.(simular to this).   I just got off the phone with my mechanic and asked him since we are going with a new motor which brand ?  he said stay with honda, great running motors .. easy to service..

Rick.

my # is 814-594-0998 if you want to talk

Honda Kicker Motor 011 for posting.JPG

Yea that is a great price and the best of the best!! I'm not looking for that elaborate of a machine, I have no place for a second handle, that it would be easy to operate. To buy this and strip it from the controller would be senseless. When there's someone looking for such an outfit. great price guys!! Your getting a lot of bang for your buck here!!

Rick,
Sorry to see it didn't work out.
Pap, this should be fine to push your boat.
 While the Crestliner is a lighter boat it would push it just fine. I even used it in 5 ft seas with no issues.

For what is worth I now have a 23 ft parker, and the boat dry is #4200. I have a 9.9 on that one and it works fine.

Let's see the parker. Beautiful boats.

Making your stories, Reel Stories, since 2011!!

14 hours ago, lakebound88 said:

Thanks, I was just showing love for the hondas. I can troll a 6 to 8 hr trip and maybe use 2 to 3 gallons of gas pending the winds.

How or what did you do to make the hole that low on the transom water proof. I see now you have a wash down so your in line with the scuppers. I have the excact same swim platform. Did you mount the kicker in the middle so you don't get the lean to one side? How do you steer the boat then, I don't know of any arms that work vertical?? 

Mounted center because I can. I have inboards, no out drives back there, my suppers are well above the waterline, maybe 8 inches or so. The tiaras deck sits high compared to the water level. Unlike an aluminum or smaller glass boat may. Any holes drilled always get sealed via 5200 sealant. I will be lowering my kicker even further into the water via the offshore high thrust bracket. Should be here this week. I steer with electronic panther T4 steering with wireless controls. Never have to sit at the helm while fishing. If you're worried about water passi ng through the hull, I used a bronze thru hull fitting and ran my cables through that then sealed with a rubber boot designed for cables to pass through transoms. I did not hover use the cheap plastic thru hull that comes with the boot kit. Plastic cracks in time..

That's the type bracket I have also for my kicker, but I have the out drive. So I made the kicker on the port side. I don't have an autopilot yet so I think I'd have to move my bracket to the other side where I have my ducers mounted, for the cables to reach for my human auto pilotLOL.

• 2 weeks later...
On February 28, 2017 at 0:26 PM, RodBuster said:

Here are a few more pics of the helm as it was mounted. Honda helm is the black one

20161001_081425.jpg

20161001_081442.jpg

Oh I see now, I for the life of me couldn't figure out how in the hell you mounted the handle. From the picks it appeared as if it was glued (pun) to the other controls. That's what I would have had to do also. I have no room otherwise. Now I'm bummed, but happy for the buyer, they got one hell of a deal.