Waterfowl ID?

EYE SPY

Just got a couple pics of this bird swimming out front of my house. The bay is always full of goldeneyes, but this one caught my eye. Tried cross referencing on ducks unlimited id app, looks like a white winged scoter to me, but their range doesn't exactly match up. Can any more seasoned waterfowlers confirm or deny this? Sorry the pics aren't great, was taking with my phone and trying to shoot through my binoculars

1487956244081.jpg1487956252638.jpg1487956275018.jpg1487956314964.jpg1487956337574.jpg

Sent from my XT1585 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Did a little more investigating...Someone spotted and posted about this duck a couple days ago on what I would assume is a reputable bird watching website.(The Cornell lab of orinthology) They have it identified as a white winged scoter. He's been 50yds off my shoreline all day, currently the only bird out there right now. I wasn't sure how rare this sighting is. Pretty cool either way being able to get to see something different

King eider is a bucket list hunt for me for sure. Started out with puddle ducks a few years ago, and as with any hobby the obsession grows....

They are super cool birds for sure.... Its almost a religious experience hunting them.... I can't even describe St.Paul Island.... Its beautiful however the minute you leave shore in a boat, your cheating death... Call me crazy, but the Bearing sea smashing you in the face, snow, giant waves....total rush. Its dangerous, but totally worth it. I would go again for sure....FB_IMG_1487980949730.jpg

Sent from my VS987 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

King eider is a bucket list hunt for me for sure. Started out with puddle ducks a few years ago, and as with any hobby the obsession grows....

Eye Spy.... I did not take this pic, but i was there right before the person took it. This was a couple years ago and this guy hung out months of February into March. This pic was on Lake Ontario off the Charlotte pier..... Elvis the Eider....who would have believed it?

Sent from my SM-T550 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Eye Spy.... I did not take this pic, but i was there right before the person took it. This was a couple years ago and this guy hung out months of February into March. This pic was on Lake Ontario off the Charlotte pier..... Elvis the Eider....who would have believed it?FB_IMG_1487981848565.jpg

• 4 weeks later...