Need Advice on a kicker and prop

Hello, 

I am buying a new Tohatsu kicker, i have a 3900lb (Dry) Chapparall Sport Fisherman, with an OMC Cobra which is only fished on Seneca lake and i am wondering if a 9.8 Tohatsu will do the trick for trolling purposes? Im thinking fully loaded the boat will weigh around 5k? i just dont know if i should go with a 15 HP Tohatsu to be safe (i know neither one will get me on a plane). i also plan on buying a good kicker bracket as well.

Also, i cannot figure out if my boats prop is correct, it is old and weathered and i need a new one, WOT is 4200-4600 and i currently have a 15.5x15. The boat will not go over 25mph with current prop (which could be related to other issues) but i am just wondering if i should pitch down to 13 as i dont care about top end speed to get optimal performance or pitch up to a 17... i have a Ford Windsor as an engine think it is a 305?

All help/advice is appreciated

12 hours ago, Never Ends said:

Hello, 

I am buying a new Tohatsu kicker, i have a 3900lb (Dry) Chapparall Sport Fisherman, with an OMC Cobra which is only fished on Seneca lake and i am wondering if a 9.8 Tohatsu will do the trick for trolling purposes? Im thinking fully loaded the boat will weigh around 5k? i just dont know if i should go with a 15 HP Tohatsu to be safe (i know neither one will get me on a plane). i also plan on buying a good kicker bracket as well.

Also, i cannot figure out if my boats prop is correct, it is old and weathered and i need a new one, WOT is 4200-4600 and i currently have a 15.5x15. The boat will not go over 25mph with current prop (which could be related to other issues) but i am just wondering if i should pitch down to 13 as i dont care about top end speed to get optimal performance or pitch up to a 17... i have a Ford Windsor as an engine think it is a 305?

All help/advice is appreciated